With this 14 day meal planner with grocery list, you can still enjoy delicious home cooked meals. The grocery list makes meal planning simple for this collection of single serving dinner recipes.
We’ve chosen 14 of our favorite single serving and small batch recipes using freezer meats, frozen vegetables, and pantry staples. These recipes all include similar ingredients, so there won’t be any waste.
Be creative with these recipes and feel free to substitute ingredients for ones you already have. For instance, different types of canned beans can be used in place of the ones suggested in the recipes and feel free to use the type of pasta you already have instead of the type called for.
Different types of cheeses can also be swapped out for ones recommended in some of these recipes. The point is to make these recipes work for you. They’re designed to be absolutely delicious even with easy substitutions.
- This recipe calls for using dijon mustard but use yellow mustard if that’s the kind you have.
- Leave out the dried tarragon or use a different dried spice such as basil or rosemary or leave it out altogether.
- A crustless quiche is one of my favorite recipes – it so easily customizable. Use 2 eggs and 4 tablespoons of cream or milk and add in your favorite ingredients; a handful of spinach, sautéed onions, leftover chicken, your favorite cheeses – the possibilities are endless.
- Use the spices listed in this recipe or use the ones you have in your pantry.
- Even though this recipe suggests using elbow macaroni, use what’s in your pantry.
- This is such a hearty and delicious meal. Use your favorite pasta and feel free to use other types of cheese instead of the ones called for in this recipe.
- Omit the fresh parsley if you don’t have any on hand.
- Enjoy with a side of pasta for a hearty meal.
- This curry is made with canned chickpeas, consider using any that you might have left over from the vegetarian chili.
- Enjoy with a single serving of white rice.
- This recipe calls for using canned beans, use the remainder in chickpea curry or minestrone soup.
- You don’t have to use every single one of the spices listed in this recipe – stick to maybe one or two and it’ll still be every bit as delicious!
- This chicken dish is a real favorite! You don’t have to serve the chicken with rice or orzo pasta, instead you might like to use elbow macaroni since many of the recipes listed use this type of macaroni. The idea is always to use what you already have.
- Leftover rice and frozen vegetables make this a fast and easy meal option.
- This casserole is made with just one can of tuna! Feel free to swap noodles you already have on hand for the ones called for in this recipe. Also, use milk instead of cream if that’s what’s in your fridge.
- Feel free to use vegetables you already have and you might like to make a single serving of brown rice to go along with the chicken.
- This recipe calls for using half a can of beans and half a can of diced tomatoes. Use the rest of both in several of the recipes we’ve listed.
Single Serving Side Dishes
Single Serving Desserts
What To Do With Leftover Ingredients
If you have any items left over from these recipes, you might like to consider using them in any of these easy single serving and small batch recipes:
Click on the title to go straight to the recipes.
- Cream: Vanilla Ice Cream, Alfredo Sauce, Peanut Butter Pie
- Pasta: Italian Pasta Salad, Roasted Vegetable Pasta, Shrimp Fettuccine
- Canned beans: Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos, Vegetarian Enchiladas, Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Cheese: Twice Baked Potato, Cheesy Baked Eggs, Taco Casserole
- Canned diced tomatoes: Ground Turkey Chili, Small Batch Tomato Sauce, Shrimp Creole
- Rice: Rice Pilaf, Chocolate Rice Pudding, Jambalaya
- Eggs: Crustless Spinach Quiche, Lemon Scones, Breakfast Casserole
- Broth: Beef Stew, Green Curry, Potato Soup
- Bacon: Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf, Baked Stuffed Fish, Cobb Salad
Other Single Serving Meal Plans
- Cooking For One Meal Plan – Week 1
- Cooking For One Meal Plan – Week 2
- Cooking For One Meal Plan – Week 3
- Cooking For One Meal Plan – Week 4
14 Day Grocery List
These are the items needed to make each of the recipes from the 14 day meal plan. Be sure to shop your refrigerator and your pantry before grocery shopping.
Read through each of the recipes and scratch off items you already have as well as any substitutions you want to make.
Add any ingredients from the side dishes, desserts and other recipes listed to your list too!
- 5 chicken breasts
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 2 onions
- 2 red peppers
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1 lemon
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 baking potato
- 2 tomatoes
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- dijon mustard
- tomato sauce
- elbow macaroni (or ziti pasta)
- bread crumbs
- broth (chicken or vegetable)
- canned coconut milk
- canned chickpeas
- canned red kidney beans
- soy sauce
- 1 can tuna
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- dried basil
- dried tarragon
- red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- curry powder
- ground ginger
- ground nutmeg
- dried thyme
- black pepper