This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Weekly meal planning for one? You’ll love the easy weekly meal plans found in our Meal Planning For One series. This is the third post of the meal planning for one series. You will find dinner ideas for the week including single-serving recipes, grocery lists and cooking tips. Perfect for anyone cooking for one, caregivers, and empty nesters.
Welcome to week 3 of our new Meal Planning For One series. We have received a lot of great feedback from our single serving Meal Plans and hope you enjoy the easy dinner ideas we have featured in this week 3 installment.
A person cooking for only themselves may often find that it isn’t always easy to reduce a recipe. The thought of doing that every day or deciding what to cook each evening for dinner, without repetition can be a daunting task. We hope to take some of the pressure off with this “Cooking For One Meal Plan”.
Other Single Serving Meal Plans
- Cooking For One Meal Plan – Week 1
- Cooking For One Meal Plan – Week 2
- Cooking For One Meal Plan – Week 4
- 14 Day Meal Plan
Along with the meal plan, you will also find a grocery list (see link at the bottom of this page to download the list – pdf document) which will include all of the ingredients you will need to make the 5 or more recipes each week.
If you choose not to make all of the recipes on the meal plan, no worries. Just cross those items off of your grocery list.
These plans are designed for people who live on their own, a parent who wants to indulge themselves while their kids have their favorites, couples that can’t agree on what they want for dinner or caregivers providing meals to a parent or friend.
For now, the weekly meal plan will be posted every two weeks. It will feature a recipe for Monday through Friday, a detailed grocery list and a bonus recipe and cooking tips.
Tuna Noodle Casserole For One
Beef and Cheese Pita Pizza
Mediterranean Chicken For One
Broccoli Cheddar Soup For One
Shrimp Fettuccine For One
Apple Crisp For One
We hope you enjoy this single serving meal plan, you might also like our other Meal Plans.
Meal Planning Tips
- Cheese can be expensive. If you’d like, only purchase one type of cheese for the recipes this week.
Smoked Gouda is an ingredient that is recommended in Tuesday’s pizza. However, feel free to use shredded Cheddar instead. You will be using shredded Cheddar in the tuna casserole and in the broccoli cheese soup.
- For Thursday’s Chicken with Artichokes, if you’d prefer using black olives instead of the recommended Kalamata Olives, feel free to make the swap.
- I like to keep a bag of individually quick frozen shrimp in my freezer, that way I always have it on hand to make quick and easy dinners like the fettuccine with shrimp (Friday’s recipe).
- Be sure to check your pantry for spices and items used in meals from previous weeks. This way you won’t need to buy what you may already have.
- If you find that you have some ingredients left over and won’t need them for other recipes this week, such as red peppers, olives, onions, cheese, etc. – use them as salad toppings or to mix in with scrambled eggs for breakfast.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.