Welcome to One Dish Kitchen, I’m Joanie and I’m incredibly happy you’re here!
One Dish Kitchen is the NUMBER 1 WEBSITE AND SOURCE for single serving recipes.
Our aim is to inspire individuals with access to single serving recipes, education, and a supportive community that will enable them to enjoy the preparation of a meal that will nourish both body and soul.
In our busy lives, it’s often hard to find the time to cook, especially if you’re cooking for yourself. It can sometimes be easier to cook from a box or to order from a local restaurant. But I truly believe that the simple act of cooking for ourselves is one of the most nurturing, loving things we can do. It’s a real form of self-care and when you have easily accessible ingredients and a desire to cook a meal from scratch, you can create and enjoy a fabulous meal for one in no time.
I began creating single serving recipes when my oldest son went away to college. Our weekly phone calls were filled with conversations about school, college life, and what he was eating. To my surprise, my son ate packaged ramen and white rice almost every night of the week. Although that’s not entirely awful, I wanted to provide him with recipes he could make and enjoy on his own.
The weekly recipes that I sent to him started a passion in me to take our family's favorite recipes and scale them into single serving versions. For example, I enjoyed the challenge of taking my husband’s favorite dish, Eggplant Parmesan which formerly served our family of seven, and scaling down the ingredients to serve just one. Other favorite recipes that I enjoyed working on included single serving versions of Beef Stew, Shrimp Creole, French Onion Soup, and a to-die-for Pineapple Upside Down Cake For One.
The recipes I create on One Dish Kitchen are the recipes I cook for myself when my husband is away on business. My quiet time in the kitchen is sacred to me. I pour myself a glass of wine, turn on a little music, and get creative with ingredients. Cooking for just me is therapeutic and intensely satisfying.
I hope these single serving and small batch recipes satisfy your craving for a fabulous home-cooked meal. I also hope that you become inspired to experiment with foods you love. In the end, I want you to enjoy cooking for yourself because YOU are worth it.
Where To Start?
- If you’re new here, please explore our site. We’ve got hundreds of recipes for single serving breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more.
- If you’ve got a question about our recipes, the dishes we use, or anything else be sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Check out our Recipe Page to browse and search for specific recipes.
- Learn how to stock your kitchen and pantry for success with our Stocking Your Kitchen article.
- Find out about the small baking dishes we use and love in our list of favorite baking dishes and view them on our Store page.
The Ultimate Cooking For One Cookbook
If you’re wondering (as so many have) if we have a cookbook, we do!! The Ultimate Cooking For One Cookbook is available where books are sold and on Amazon. You can read more about our book on our Cookbook Page.
Thanks to a growing following on the blog and social media, I was able to turn this venture into a full-time job in 2017. I’ve taken these delicious and approachable recipes and shared them with many different news outlets, including TODAY.com, Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, Real Simple, Self, Women’s Day, and many others. Here are a few more locations where we have been featured.....
Join The Community!
- You can find me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram. I’m an active TV contributor and do in-person demos as well.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest videos and tutorials.
- Get free recipes delivered straight to your email inbox by subscribing to our email list.
- Join our private Facebook group to get support and recipe ideas.
Interested In Working With Us?
If you are a company and would like to partner with One Dish Kitchen on a specific project, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our “Work With Us” page for details. We also have a media kit that is available upon request.
Again, I love hearing from my readers, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I’d love to connect.