Welcome to One Dish Kitchen, I’m Joanie, a chef with over 10 years of experience in developing and publishing recipes, author of “The Ultimate Cooking for One Cookbook” and a passionate home cook. I’m incredibly happy you’re here!
Why a Cooking for One Website?
I have a passion for cooking, and I’ve honed my culinary skills over the years. When my oldest son went away to college, I started creating single-serving recipes for him. He was eating packaged ramen and white rice almost every night, so I wanted to provide him with healthier and more delicious options.
The weekly recipes I sent to him sparked a passion in me to take our family’s favorite recipes and scale them down for people who are cooking for one. I also enjoy cooking for myself when my husband was away on business. My quiet time in the kitchen is sacred to me, and I find it to be therapeutic and intensely satisfying.
What you will find on this website
One Dish Kitchen is a website dedicated to helping people cook for one. We believe that cooking for yourself should be easy, delicious, and waste-free. That’s why we offer a variety of resources to help you make the most of your time in the kitchen, including:
- Single serving recipes: We have over 500 single serving recipes that are perfect for people who live alone or who just don’t want to cook a big meal. Our recipes are all easy to follow and use simple ingredients.
- Cooking tips: We also offer a variety of cooking tips to help you make the most of your time in the kitchen. These tips cover everything from how to store leftovers to how to cook your favorite dishes in a microwave.
- A supportive community: We have a growing community of people who cook for one. This community is a great place to share recipes, ask questions, and get support from other people who understand the challenges of cooking for one.
We believe that cooking for one can be a rewarding experience. It’s a chance to nourish your body and soul, and it’s a way to save time and money. If you’re looking for easy, delicious, and waste-free recipes to cook for one, then One Dish Kitchen is the website for you.
Where You Can Find One Dish Kitchen
One Dish Kitchen is a popular resource for single serving recipes, and our work has been featured in a variety of publications, including:
We are also proud to be a featured resource on the article “Ways to Make Eating Healthy and Easy When You Live Alone” in the American Academy of Neurology publication Brain & Life. In addition we are a proud contributor to the Empty Besting book written by Kristi Huss.
We are grateful for the opportunity to share our recipes with a wider audience, and we hope you enjoy them!
The Ultimate Cooking For One Cookbook
If you’re wondering (as so many have) if we have a cookbook, we do!! The “Ultimate Cooking For One Cookbook” is available on the One Dish Kitchen Store as well as where books are sold. You can read more about our book on our Cookbook Page.
reduce food waste • save time & money
Get the cookbook!
The Ultimate Cooking for One cookbook offers solo chefs quick & simple recipes that save you both time and money. In addition to flavorful meals, you’ll find clever ideas on how to reduce food waste and source single servings of fresh ingredients.
Join The Community!
- You can find me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest videos and tutorials.
- Get free recipes delivered straight to your email inbox by subscribing to our email list.
- Join our private Facebook group to get support and recipe ideas.
Keep in Touch
Connecting with readers is my favorite part about food blogging, and I have many ways you can stay in touch. Feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org