How To Make Pancakes for One – an easy pancake recipe for perfect, fluffy pancakes. This easy breakfast recipe includes a step by step VIDEO showing how to make pancakes from scratch. This small batch of pancakes is perfect amount for anyone cooking for one.
Have there been mornings when you’ve thought a batch of delicious and fluffy pancakes would be a wonderful breakfast to wake up to, only to realize you might be left with way too many pancakes for one person to eat? I’ve certainly craved pancakes yet the thought of making a huge batch that would give me plenty of leftovers just wasn’t enough to motivate me to make them. That’s why I created this wonderful recipe showing how to make Pancakes For One. This easy pancake recipe for one will give you 3 delightfully fluffy pancakes.
This “pancakes for one recipe” is a reader favorite recipe. It’s been on our site for few years and has always gotten great reviews. I decided to update the photos on this post and share them with you.
Pancakes For One
This simple pancake recipe is perfect if you’re cooking for one or two people. If you like banana pancakes, mash a banana and add it to the batter. You may have to add a little more milk to get a thinner consistency, though.
If you want to add a handful of chocolate chips or blueberries, go right ahead.
This is a basic pancake recipe that delivers pancakes that not only taste great on their own but are perfect for add-ins.
Day-old pancakes don’t taste as good as hot off the griddle ones and with this easy pancake recipe for one, you don’t need to make a huge batch to satisfy a pancake craving.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Recipe: How To Make Pancakes For One
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon butter for the pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and then whisk in the milk and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well. If the batter seems too thick, add more of the milk, a little at a time.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Ladle about 3/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet to make a pancake.
- Cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancake, and the underside is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more on the second side. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve with your favorite toppings: butter, syrup, fruit or any other topping you desire.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Other single serving recipes you might enjoy…
Click HERE to sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox!