Homemade banana bread made with 1 banana and a few pantry staples. This easy banana bread recipe is the perfect size for one person.
When you’ve got just one banana sitting on your counter, you’ve got the perfect amount to make a banana bread for one!
That’s right, you can make this banana bread with one banana and a few pantry staples.
Tips For Making Banana Bread
- To make sweetest and richest banana bread, use ripe bananas. Ripe bananas with lots of brown spots on the skin are perfect to use. If the banana skins are almost all brown, the bread will be sweeter and have a stronger banana flavor.
- When mashing the banana, leave some of the banana chunks. Personally, I love banana chunks in my bread. If you like a smoother batter, mash the bananas completely.
How To Make Banana Bread With One Banana
A good banana bread recipe is one every home cook should have. If you’ve got one ripe banana and a few pantry staples you can make this delicious bread in virtually no time at all.
Ingredients In Banana Bread
Scroll down to the recipe box for ingredient amounts and complete instructions.
For this small loaf banana bread, you will need:
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- 1 banana
- an egg yolk
- vanilla extract
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
Mash the banana with a fork in a small bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.
Stir in melted butter, the egg yolk, and the vanilla.
Mix in the dry ingredients and pour into a lightly buttered ramekin or small baking dish.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
This recipe is adapted from the bread recipe I’ve used for years.
Banana Nut Bread
If you love banana nut bread, feel free to add about 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts.
Chopped pecans or chopped walnuts make great additions.
Other Bread And Muffin Recipes For One
If you’re looking for other small batch banana recipes, you might like to try these:
- Lemon Blueberry Muffin For One
- Apple Muffin For One
- Maple Walnut Muffin For One
- Beer Bread For One
- Cornbread For One
- Chocolate Chip Muffin For One
Other Banana Recipes
- Bananas Foster For One – made with 1 banana.
- Mini Caramelized Banana Upside Down Cake – made with 1 banana
- Grilled Pound Cake With Limoncello Bananas – made with 1 banana
- Tropical Smoothie – made with 1 banana.
- Small Batch Banana Muffins – made with 2 bananas.
- Banana Cream Pie For One – made with 1 banana.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Connect with One Dish Kitchen! Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana , mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted (plus more for greasing the ramekin)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Video
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Set aside.
- Mash the banana with a fork in a separate small bowl. Add the sugar and whip the banana and sugar together.
- Add the melted butter, the egg yolk, and the vanilla; mix well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a lightly buttered 8-ounce ramekin or other baking dish of similar size.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before eating.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.