Easy recipe for homemade Vanilla Ice Cream For One. No ice cream maker and no cooking required. This single serving, egg-free, 3-ingredient ice cream is perfect to cure your ice cream cravings. It’s rich, creamy, and so easy to make!
Making a rich, creamy homemade ice cream in an ice cream maker can be very time consuming, especially if you forget to freeze the ice cream bowl first! With this single serving vanilla ice cream recipe, all you need are 3 ingredients and one bowl. No ice cream maker is necessary.
This ice cream recipe will yield enough for two small bowls of of the best vanilla ice cream.
You might like to make a small batch of caramelized plums to pour over your ice cream.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- heavy cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
See below for ways to use leftover ingredients.
How To Make Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- First you need to whip the cream. For this step, I like to use my hand mixer but a whisk will certainly do the job.
- After the cream has been whipped, pour in the condensed milk.
- Gently mix with the vanilla.
- Pour the creamy mixture into a dish or bowl, cover and freeze for a few hours.
This vanilla ice cream is ultra-creamy, rich and so very easy to make. No eggs needed, no cooking required – just simple ingredients which yield almost magical results.
Vanilla Ice Cream Mix-Ins
You might also like to consider adding in a few fun ingredients…
- Crushed cookies (Oreos are a favorite!)
- Fudge sauce or caramel
- Candy bars
Other Ice Cream Recipes
If you love this recipe, you might also enjoy these no-churn ice cream recipes…
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream For One
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Pistachio Ice Cream
- Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
What To Do With Leftover Ingredients
You will only use 2-ounces of sweetened condensed milk in this vanilla ice cream for one recipe.
Absolutely, do not throw the remainder away.
This milk stores like a dream. Pour the rest of the milk into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can use the remainder of the milk to make vanilla ice cream again, or use it to make any one or all of these fabulous recipes…
If you have heavy cream leftover, consider using it in these single serving and small batch recipes:
When I make a single serving of vanilla ice cream, I use a small 8-ounce ramekin or other dish of similar size. The 5-inch dish that I use for many of the recipes found here at One Dish Kitchen is also a great dish to use.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Other Single Serving No Bake Desserts
- No Bake Cheesecake For One
- Icebox Cake For One
- Small Batch Chocolate Truffles
- Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the cream into a medium-sized bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!