Easy to make no churn strawberry ice cream recipe - this rich and creamy strawberry ice cream is the perfect ice cream recipe. No cooking and no ice cream maker needed. Loaded with sweet strawberries and chocolate chunks.
One of my favorite summertime memories is of sitting with my cousins on my grandfather's front porch watching my grandfather make ice cream. He used to have one of those old hand crank ice cream makers and my cousins and I would all sit together watching and waiting anxiously for the ice cream to thicken. The flavor my grandfather loved to make most was strawberry ice cream.
Ice cream on a sweltering summer day in southeast Louisiana was just about the only thing that would cool us down and that ice cream couldn't be made quickly enough.
These days, I just don't have the time or even the desire to make ice cream using this method. Fortunately with this easy no churn, no cook strawberry ice cream recipe, I can enjoy a bowl of ice cream pretty quickly.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- heavy cream
- semi sweet chocolate
How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream Maker
It's wonderful to have a strawberry ice cream recipe that doesn't require using an ice cream machine. Even though I have one, I find myself turning to this recipe over and over again. It's just so easy.
- Pour the cream in a bowl and whisk it until thickened and stiff peaks form.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a bowl and gently fold the whipped cream into the milk. Add vanilla, chopped strawberries, and pieces of chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container to freeze. Once the ice cream has frozen, grab a spoon and enjoy!
This strawberry ice cream is incredibly creamy, silky smooth, and absolutely delicious.
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this strawberry ice cream recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving recipes:
- Sweetened condensed milk: Microwave Fudge, Vanilla Ice Cream, Key Lime Pie
- Vanilla: Two Vanilla Cupcakes, Vanilla Pudding, Coffee Creamer
- Heavy cream: Banana Cream Pie, Lemon Cheesecake, Chocolate Truffles
- Strawberries: Strawberry Milkshake, Strawberry Shortcake, Watermelon Strawberry Sorbet
- Chocolate: Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse, Frozen Chocolate Banana, Chocolate Chip Muffin
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream , cold
- 4 large strawberries , chopped
- 2 ounces semi sweet chocolate , chopped
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl and whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour the heavy cream in a medium-sized mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl of the condensed milk. Gently fold until completely mixed.
- Transfer half of the ice cream mixture into a freezer container.
- Sprinkle the chopped strawberries and chocolate pieces over the top.
- Top with remaining ice cream mixture.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the mix-in into the ice cream.
- Cover container with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours. The ice cream will become firmer the longer it is kept in the freezer.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.