All the flavors you love in a Key Lime Pie can be found in this Key Lime Pie recipe for one! Smooth and creamy with the perfect balance of tart and sweet. Baked in a ramekin or small baking dish, this classic pie comes complete with a buttery graham cracker crust. So easy to make!
I often find myself craving the taste of a creamy and rich key lime pie or other dessert that I remember making for my kids. Now that I cook for a smaller household, I really don’t want to have leftover desserts in the house for days. Single serving recipes are perfect for me now and I’m excited to share with you the best key lime pie recipe for one!
This key lime pie recipe is ideal for those very moments. It’s easy to make and I think this recipe makes the absolute best key lime pie in a single serving portion!
One of the reasons I love this pie in addition to its size is the fact that the tartness of the pie filling is perfectly balanced by its sweetness.
How To Make Key Lime Pie
Like a traditional key lime pie, this mini pie has a graham cracker crust.
Mix together 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs (approximately 2 large sheets of graham crackers) and melted butter.
Pour the crumbs into an 8-ounce ramekin and bake for about 15 minutes to set the crust.
After the crust has baked, pour in the key lime custard which is a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, two egg yolks and lime juice.
Pro Tip: Key lime juice is wonderful if you can find key limes and if you can, by all means use them. When I can’t find key limes, regular limes will do just fine or use bottled key lime juice.
Bake the pie in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven to cool a bit and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
For this Key Lime Pie For One recipe, I use a ramekin that holds about 1-cup. For best results, please use a baking dish of similar size.
If you would like more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
Examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen can be found at our Store page.
What To Do With Leftover Egg Whites
Be sure to save the egg whites and don’t throw them away. You might like to use the egg white in any one of these fantastic recipes…
The remaining sweetened condensed milk can be used in a small batch of fudge or in a Lemon Mango Pie for one.
Key Lime Pie Recipe For One
- 1/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs (2 large sheets graham crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
KEY LIME FILLING
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/8 cup + 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- TO MAKE THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Place the 2 sheets of graham crackers in a ziplock bag, seal and roll with a rolling pin or heavy can to crush.
- Pour crumbs into a small bowl and stir in melted butter.
- Pour the crumbs into a ramekin that holds about 1 cup.
- Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, press the crumbs gently so they form a crust on the bottom.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- TO MAKE THE KEY LIME FILLING
- Mix the eggs and lime juice in a small mixing bowl. Add the condensed milk and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Connecting with One Dish Kitchen
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!