All the flavors you love in a key lime pie can be found in this Key Lime Pie Recipe For One! Smooth and creamy with the perfect balance of tart and sweet. Baked in a ramekin or small baking dish, this classic pie comes complete with a buttery graham cracker crust. So easy to make!
If you're a fan of key lime pie then you will absolutely love this key lime pie for one.
This mini pie starts with a traditional buttery graham cracker crust which is topped with a smooth and creamy lime filling. Baked in a ramekin or small baking dish, this single serving dessert is perfect for anyone cooking for one.
What Is Key Lime Pie?
Key lime pie is an American dessert made with key lime juice. It is typically made with a graham cracker crust and is a specialty of the Florida Keys.
What Is The Difference Between Key Limes and Regular Limes?
Key limes are more aromatic and tart than regular limes. They are slightly yellow and contain more seeds.
Can I Use Regular Lime Juice In This Key Lime Pie Recipe?
Yes, you can use the juice from regular limes in this recipe.
How To Make Key Lime Pie
Like a traditional key lime pie, this mini pie has a graham cracker crust.
Scroll down to the recipe box for the ingredient amounts and complete recipe instructions.
For The Crust:
- graham cracker crumbs
For The Key Lime Filling:
- egg yolks
- lime juice
- sweetened condensed milk
Pro Tip: Key lime juice is wonderful if you can find key limes and if you can, by all means use them. When I can't find key limes, regular limes will do just fine or use bottled key lime juice.
- Mix together 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs (approximately 2 large sheets of graham crackers) and melted butter. Pour the crumbs into an 8-ounce ramekin and bake for about 15 minutes to set the crust.
- After the crust has baked, pour in the key lime custard which is a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, two egg yolks and lime juice.
- Bake the pie in the oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool a bit and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
For this Key Lime Pie For One recipe, I use a ramekin that holds about 1-cup. For best results, please use a baking dish of similar size.
If you would like more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
Examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen can be found at our Store page.
What To Do With Leftover Egg Whites
Be sure to save the egg whites and don’t throw them away. You might like to use the egg white in any one of these fantastic recipes…
- Small Batch Meringues
- Small Batch Coconut Macaroons
- Small Batch Flourless Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- Two Vanilla Cupcakes
Other Single Serving Pie Recipes
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Single Serving Pie Crust
- 1/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs (2 large sheets graham crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
KEY LIME FILLING
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/8 cup + 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- TO MAKE THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Place the 2 sheets of graham crackers in a ziplock bag, seal and roll with a rolling pin or heavy can to crush.
- Pour crumbs into a small bowl and stir in melted butter.
- Pour the crumbs into a ramekin that holds about 1 cup.
- Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, press the crumbs gently so they form a crust on the bottom.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- TO MAKE THE KEY LIME FILLING
- Mix the eggs and lime juice in a small mixing bowl. Add the condensed milk and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.