This is the best tasting Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and it’s made with just 4 ingredients! This no churn ice cream is made with cream, sweetened condensed milk, mint, and chocolate chips. Rich, creamy and the perfect amount for one person.
This single serving mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe is one that I know you'll be happy to have, especially if you're a fan of ice cream. When you're cooking for one, it's nice to be able to whip up a dessert that won't leave you with leftovers to eat for days and days. With this easy ice cream recipe, you can enjoy a freshly made bowl of ice cream anytime a craving hits.
You don't need an ice cream maker to make this dessert. The ingredients are mixed together in a bowl, poured into any freezer-safe dish and frozen.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This mint chocolate chip ice cream is creamy white with no artificial colors added at all. It’s speckled with chocolate chips and flavored with pure mint extract.
This recipe makes the ideal amount for one person but can easily be shared if necessary.
No Churn Ice Cream
No churn ice cream is ice cream that is made without an ice cream maker.
The ingredients are mixed together in a bowl and poured into a freezer safe dish and placed in the freezer to thicken into ice cream.
It takes just minutes to mix the ingredients together and about 2 hours for the ice cream to thicken into perfect slightly-more-than-soft serve ice cream.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
For this single serving mint chip ice cream recipe you will need:
- heavy cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- mint extract
- chocolate chips
How To Make Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- First you need to whip the cream. For this step, I like to use my hand mixer but a whisk will certainly do the job.
- After the cream has been whipped, pour in the condensed milk.
- Gently mix in the mint extract.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and stir in the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl and freeze.
What To Do With Leftover Sweetened Condensed Milk
You will only use 2-ounces of sweetened condensed milk in this mint chip ice cream for one recipe.
Absolutely, do not throw the remainder away.
This milk stores like a dream. Pour the rest of the milk into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can use the remainder of the milk to make this or vanilla ice cream again, or use it to make any one or all of these fabulous recipes:
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any other ingredients left over from this ice cream recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving recipes:
- Heavy cream: Banana Cream Pie, Peanut Butter Pie, Butterscotch Pudding
- Mint extract: Shamrock Shake
- Chocolate chips: Chocolate Chip Muffin, Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie, 2-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
Other No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
Best Dish To Use
When I make a single serving of ice cream, I use one or two small 8.5-ounce ramekins or a 5-inch dish. You can view these and other dishes we recommend on our bakeware store page.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pour the cream into a medium-sized bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the mint extract.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and cover bowl. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.