No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe – this rich and creamy ice cream is made without an ice cream machine! Loaded with pistachios, this wonderful ice cream is thick and so delicious and sure to be a favorite. Just 4 ingredients needed!
This wonderful pistachio ice cream recipe is the perfect one to use when you’re craving ice cream. The ingredients are mixed together in a bowl and poured into a freezer safe dish to freeze. You don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it.
The ingredient list is small, just 4 ingredients needed! If you like pistachios, you will absolutely love this rich and creamy pistachio ice cream.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- vanilla extract or a vanilla bean
- sweetened condensed milk
- heavy cream
You’ll often see pistachio ice cream a green color. This is because it is colored with food coloring. In reality, pistachio ice cream is the color you see here. No food coloring is added.
How To Use A Vanilla Bean
You can purchase vanilla beans in the spice aisle of the grocery store. If you don’t have any, feel free to use vanilla extract instead.
Split the vanilla bean down it’s length using a very sharp knife and scrape out the seeds.
Pro Tip: Don’t throw the empty vanilla pod away. You can use it to infuse milk with a subtle vanilla flavor and add it to your coffee.
How To Make Pistachio Ice Cream
- Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk into a bowl and stir in the seeds (or pour in vanilla extract instead).
- Add whipped cream.
- Mix well.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a freezer bowl or loaf pan and add 1 cup of chopped pistachios.
- Top the pistachios with the remaining ice cream mixture.
- Swirl with a knife.
- Cover container with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours.
Other No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
For information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 vanilla bean, pod *See notes
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- Split the vanilla bean down it’s length using a very sharp knife and scrape out the seeds with the tip of the knife.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl and stir in the vanilla seeds.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk and gently fold until completely mixed.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a freezer container and top with the chopped pistachios.
- Top with remaining ice cream mixture.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the pistachios into the ice cream.
- Cover container with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours. The ice cream will become firmer the longer it is kept in the freezer.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionists’ advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Click HERE to sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox!