This Toasted Coconut Ice Cream recipe requires just a few ingredients. It's rich, creamy and so easy to make. A great way to cool off on a warm day.
A big bowl of toasted coconut ice cream is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day.
On warm days, we certainly eat our fair share of ice cream. When it's as easy to make as this coconut ice cream recipe, we tend to make it all the time.
If you love coconut, you'll love this ice cream. With each spoonful, you feel the creamy smooth texture and taste the intense coconut flavor. Speckled throughout are the flakes of toasted coconut which add an unexpected crunch.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- sweetened condensed milk
- heavy cream
- coconut extract
How To Toast Coconut
- Spread shredded coconut in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 300 F (150 C) for about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes to make sure that the coconut browns evenly.
How To Make Coconut Ice Cream
- Combine the cream, milks, and coconut extract in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into the freezer container of an electric ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
- After the ice cream has set, pour in the toasted coconut and stir.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze until it becomes a more solid ice cream consistency.
Other Coconut Recipes
Other Single Serving and Small Batch Ice Cream Recipes
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- Pistachio Ice Cream
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Combine the condensed milk, cream, milk and coconut extract in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 ½ quart electric ice cream maker and freezer according to manufacturer's instructions. (Mine takes between 25-30 minutes until it gets creamy and thick)
- After the ice cream has set, pour in the toasted coconut and stir about 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until it becomes a more solid ice cream consistency, about 4-6 hours.
- Serve when ready.
- *TO TOAST COCONUT
- Spread shredded coconut in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 300F for about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes to make sure that the coconut browns evenly.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.