This fantastic Butter Pecan Ice Cream recipe will soon become your favorite! – No machine needed to make this rich, creamy, egg free, no churn ice cream. This ice cream is easy to make and has the wonderful butter pecan flavor we love.
Butter pecan ice cream was always my dad’s favorite flavor. My mom always tried to keep a container of it in the freezer for him. Dad wasn’t big on sweets but he couldn’t resist butter pecan ice cream.
Frankly, it’s hard for me to resist it too.
Butter Pecan Ice Cream
This homemade butter pecan ice cream is made without an ice cream machine. This ice cream recipe is another one of my favorite no cook, no churn ice cream recipes.
I don’t use any eggs in this butter pecan ice cream recipe. In fact, the main ingredients I use for the ice cream base are whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk.
To the base, I add buttery pecans coated in a light brown sugar glaze and vanilla which provide a sweet and plentiful crunch.
I think it’s pretty amazing that you can enjoy smooth and creamy ice cream without using a machine. In fact, it couldn’t be easier.
This butter pecan ice cream is super rich and is so much better than store-bought versions.
How To Make Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the pecans to the pan and toast them, stirring constantly so they don’t burn; about 2 to 3 minutes.
Sprinkle brown sugar over the pecans and cook, stirring constantly until the sugar melts.
Transfer the pecans and the sugar glaze onto a baking sheet and spread the pecans out in a single layer to cool.
In a mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Pour sweetened condensed milk into a separate large bowl and whisk in the vanilla.
Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl of sweetened condensed milk.
Gently fold until completely mixed.
Transfer half of the ice cream mixture into a freezer container.
Sprinkle pecans over the top.
Top with the remaining ice cream mixture.
Using a knife, gently swirl the pecans into the ice cream.
Cover container with plastic wrap and freeze the butter pecan ice cream for at least 6 hours.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups pecans , chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large skillet, toast pecans in melted butter for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar and continue stirring until sugar is melted.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer pecans to a baking sheet to cool.
- Pour the heavy cream into a mixing bowl and whip the cream until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl and whisk in the vanilla.
- Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl of condensed milk. Gently fold until completely mixed.
- Transfer half of the ice cream mixture into a freezer container.
- Sprinkle the toasted pecans over the top.
- Top with remaining ice cream mixture.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the pecans into the ice cream.
- Cover container with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours. The ice cream will become firmer the longer it is kept in the freezer.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionists’ advice.
Connecting with One Dish Kitchen
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Click HERE to sign up to receive single serving recipes in your inbox!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Other recipes you might like…