This single serving Crustless Spinach Quiche is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! It’s low carb, easy to make and is filled with spinach, ham, and plenty of cheese. This quiche is so delicious, you won’t even miss the crust!
Some of my favorite meals to make and coincidentally, a few of the most popular recipes here at One Dish Kitchen are our crustless quiche recipes. That’s why I’m so happy to share this Crustless Spinach Quiche For One with you today.
What Is A Crustless Quiche?
A quiche is one of those perfect dishes that’s ideal to enjoy for breakfast, lunch or for dinner. The ingredient list in a crustless quiche is short – eggs, cream and your favorite fillings.
When I set out to scale down my original crustless quiche recipe into a single serving recipe, I discovered that 2 eggs and 3 tablespoons of cream provided the perfect “base” for a quiche and will yield a creamy and delicious custard every time.
This easy quiche recipe is one of the easiest low carb recipes around.
It’s wonderful to not have to bother with making a crust. I save so much time by eliminating the pastry step – in fact, it’s hard to go back to making a quiche with crust.
How To Make A Crustless Quiche
To begin, you need to first make the quiche “base” by whisking together the eggs and cream.
After you’ve got the eggs and cream blended, you can begin to prepare the fillings. For this spinach quiche, sauté onions and garlic in a little olive oil, then add in cubes of salty ham and a handful of fresh spinach.
Tip: Leave out the spinach in this quiche recipe if you would prefer a Ham and Cheese Quiche.
Once the spinach begins to wilt, pour it into the egg/cream mixture and stir in shredded Swiss cheese.
Bake the quiche in a 5-inch baking dish. I find this baking dish to be the perfect size for anyone cooking for one. The quiche bakes in the oven for a quick 25 minutes.
Other Single Serving Crustless Quiche Recipes
What To Serve With A Crustless Quiche
Crustless Spinach Quiche Recipe For One
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup cubed ham
- 1 cup baby spinach , loosely packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to evenly coat pan.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the pan; cook stirring occasionally until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed ham to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir until spinach is beginning to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Fold in the spinach and ham mixture.
- Stir in the cheese and pour into lightly greased 5-inch baking dish or dish of a similar size.
- Bake until quiche is puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Join the One Dish Kitchen Community
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!