This delicious Crustless Spinach Quiche is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Low carb, easy to make, and filled with spinach, ham, and plenty of cheese.
One of my favorite meals to make is a crustless quiche. They’re low carb, easy to make, and totally customizable. This crustless spinach quiche is one version I make all the time. It’s cheesy, healthy and absolutely delicious.
What Is A Crustless Quiche?
A quiche is one of those perfect dishes that’s ideal to enjoy for breakfast, lunch or for dinner. The ingredient list in a crustless quiche is short – eggs, cream and your favorite fillings.
When I set out to scale down my original crustless quiche recipe into a single serving version, I discovered that 2 eggs and 3 tablespoons of cream provided the perfect “base” for a quiche and will yield a creamy and delicious custard every time.
Crustless Mini Quiche
This mini quiche is a wonderful size if you’re cooking for one. I use a 5-inch x 5-inch baking dish which holds about 2 cups and has an area of 25-inches. A 4-inch by 6-inch dish will work well as would most 5 to 6-inch diameter pans.
It’s wonderful to not have to bother with making a crust. I save so much time by eliminating the pastry step. If you would like to add a crust to this quiche recipe, I recommend using a frozen, or pre-made pie crust and cutting it to fit the dish.
How To Make A Spinach Crustless Quiche
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- olive oil
- chopped onions
- fresh spinach
- heavy cream
- black pepper
- Swiss cheese
Can I Use Frozen Spinach Instead Of Fresh Spinach?
Yes you can! Just be sure to thaw the spinach completely and drain as much of the liquid out of it as you can.
See ways to use up leftover ingredients below.
- Make the quiche “base” by whisking together the eggs and cream.
- After you’ve got the eggs and cream blended, prepare the fillings. For this spinach quiche, sauté onions and garlic in a little olive oil, then add in cubes of salty ham and a handful of spinach.
- Once the spinach begins to wilt, pour it into the egg/cream mixture and stir in shredded Swiss cheese.
- Bake the quiche in a 5-inch baking dish. I find this baking dish to be the perfect size for anyone cooking for one. The quiche bakes in the oven for a quick 25 minutes.
Ways To Use Up Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this crustless spinach quiche recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving recipes:
Other Single Serving Crustless Quiche Recipes
What To Serve With A Crustless Quiche
Crustless Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup cubed ham
- 1 cup baby spinach , loosely packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to evenly coat pan.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the pan; cook stirring occasionally until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed ham to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir until spinach is beginning to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Fold in the spinach and ham mixture.
- Stir in the cheese and pour into lightly greased 5-inch baking dish or dish of a similar size.
- Bake until quiche is puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Join the One Dish Kitchen Community
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!