This homemade waffle recipe for one is a classic! See just how easy it is to make crisp, golden and delicious waffles for one person. No need to make a big batch, this recipe serves up the perfect amount!
If you’re like me you might think nothing of having the same thing for breakfast every day of the week. I’m a true smoothie-for-breakfast girl. It’s just so easy for me to whip up a smoothie and bring it into my office as I begin my work day. Truth be told, by the end of the week, I’m ready for a breakfast change and that change often comes in the form of a wonderful, perfectly cooked waffle.
One of the things that makes this waffle recipe so special is the fact that it makes one large golden waffle, not a batch – just one.
Homemade Waffles For One
There’s nothing better than a homemade waffle. One with a crisp buttery exterior and a light and tender inside is absolute perfection.
Waffles are, of course, wonderful for breakfast but they can also be perfect for dessert too.
I love topping a warm waffle with fruit and a dollop of whipped cream. Sliced bananas, strawberries, or berries of any kind seem to elevate it. Take it a step further and drizzle hot fudge sauce over the top and you’ve got one amazing dessert.
If you’re interested something more savory, consider making chicken and waffles. Although I’m not a huge fan of fried chicken, crispy baked chicken is fantastic paired with this recipe.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- an egg
- vanilla extract
- melted butter
- baking powder
How To Make Waffles
- Begin by beating together the egg, milk, vanilla, and butter in a bowl.
- Add in the dry ingredients and whisk until just incorporated. Lumps are okay in the waffle batter. Don’t feel the need to stir until lumps are completely gone.
- Pour the batter onto your heated waffle iron and bake until the waffle is golden brown and crisp.
NOTE: For this waffle recipe, I use a Belgian waffle maker and the batter is enough for one. Your waffle maker might be a different size than the one I use. If you have a bit of batter left over, make a second smaller waffle.
Can I Double Or Triple This Recipe?
Yes! The ingredients in this waffle recipe can be doubled and tripled successfully.
Can I Freeze Waffles?
Yes. Just place the cooled waffles in a zip topped bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat the frozen waffle, place it in the toaster and cook until heated through and crisp. (You will likely need to cut the waffle in half to fit it in your toaster).
Other Classic Breakfast Favorites
If you would like information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Waffle Recipe For One
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk (you may use cows milk, almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat waffle iron. Spray with non stick cooking spray or brush with melted butter.Beat the egg in a bowl until fluffy. Add the milk, vanilla, melted butter, and sugar and mix well.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix gently until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter on the iron and close it. Depending on the size of your waffle maker, you might have too much batter. If so, use the little bit of remaining batter to make a second, smaller waffle.
- Cook the waffle until the waffle iron’s indicator light shows that cooking is complete, or until no more steam comes out. The waffle should be golden brown and crisp.
- Lift the waffle out of the waffle iron with a pair of tongs and enjoy right away.
The information shown for this waffle recipe is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.