How to make Biscuits for one or two people. This buttery, easy to make biscuit recipe will give you a small batch of perfect biscuits.
Click HERE to sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox!
Big, classic drop biscuits are a breakfast favorite at my house. This simple bread recipe will be one you’ll find yourself using over and over again. It’s adapted from the biscuit recipe I used for many years when my kids were growing up.
The ingredient list is small and you likely have all of the necessary ingredients already on hand. It takes just minutes to mix up the biscuit dough and under 15 minutes to bake the biscuits. Enjoy these buttery biscuits with beef stew, a bowl of minestrone soup or in the morning with a dab of melted butter and jelly. I’m convinced this will be your go-to biscuit recipe from now on.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Connect with One Dish Kitchen! Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
Click HERE to sign up to receive new single serving recipes in your inbox!
If you've ever wanted to make a smaller batch of biscuits, this recipe is for you. See how easy it is to make fluffy & delicious biscuits for one (or two).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter , cold, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Toss butter into the dry ingredients. Working quickly using your fingers or a pastry blender, rub or cut butter into flour until it resembles coarse sand.
- Add the milk and stir just until the dough comes together.
- Using a large spoon, drop spoonfuls of the batter onto baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Other recipes you might like…