This classic single serving pecan pie recipe has all the flavors you love in a pecan pie. With a buttery shortbread crust and a rich, pecan filled filling, this wonderful dessert is perfect by itself or topped with whipped cream.
This homemade pecan pie recipe is a scaled down version of a classic holiday dessert. It’s perfectly sweet and so easy to make too!
A Mini Pie
If you find yourself celebrating the holidays on a smaller scale, or perhaps you’re cooking for just one or two people, you’ll be happy to know that you can enjoy one of the best parts of a holiday meal without the burden of leftovers.
This traditional pecan pie has all the flavors you love in a pecan pie but in a smaller size.
Filled with pecans, the sweet filling rests on a buttery shortbread crust. It can be assembled in minutes and is a dessert I think you’ll enjoy making all throughout the year
Single Serving Pecan Pie
Pecan pie is one of my favorite pies. This is why I created this single serving pecan pie recipe, so that I can enjoy my pie and not be left with the temptation of leftovers.
The pie is baked in a small baking dish and can technically be enough for two people to enjoy if necessary.
If you’re an empty nester or are cooking for one, you’ll find this pie to be perfect for you.
You might like to browse through our single serving Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes.
How To Make This Recipe
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- all purpose flour
PECAN PIE FILLING
- corn syrup
- vanilla extract
- Make the crust by first creaming together the butter and sugar. Then, mix in the dry ingredients and press the dough into the bottom of a small baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the crust is golden.
- While the crust cools, make the filling by combining the ingredients together and pouring the mixture over the shortbread crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
What To Do With Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this pecan pie recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving and small batch recipes:
- Corn syrup: Lace Cookies
- Pecans: Apple Cinnamon Scones, Butter Pecan Ice Cream, Apple Muffin, Cowboy Cookies, Breakfast Bread Pudding For One
Other Single Serving Pie Recipes
- Apple Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Lemon Mango Pie
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
I bake this mini pecan pie my 5-inch baking dish. It holds about 1.5 cups and has an area of 25 inches. I will sometimes use a dish that’s slightly larger, and it works well too. For best results, use a baking dish of a similar size.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
Examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen can be found at our Store page.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter , softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
PECAN PIE FILLING
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pecans
How To Video
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, cornstarch and salt. mix until combined.
- Press dough onto bottom of lightly greased 5-inch baking dish.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden.
- Set aside and prepare filling.
- TO MAKE THE PECAN PIE FILLING
- Mix corn syrup, egg, sugar, salt, butter and vanilla in a bowl using a spoon.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour filling over shortbread crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let pie cool on wire rack for a 2 hours.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.