Easy peanut butter pie recipe with a buttery graham cracker crust. This decadent and indulgent creamy peanut butter pie is made with just a few ingredients. It's a single serving dessert that's the perfect cure for a sweet craving.
I am an unapologetic peanut butter fanatic. One of my favorite peanut butter desserts is a good, old-fashioned peanut butter pie. If you're a peanut butter fan, I know you'll love this creamy and rich, easy to make dessert too.
Easy Peanut Butter Pie
This classic peanut butter pie recipe is unbelievably decadent. The filling is light, creamy, and wonderfully luscious. It's like sweet whipped peanut butter cream and it tastes heavenly.
The filling sits on a buttery, sweet graham cracker crust and is made very simply by combining the crushed cookie crumbs with melted butter. You can bake the crust which will give you a crisper pie crust or leave it unbaked. A no bake pie crust will be a softer crust.
Craving a quick dessert? This will be your go-to pie because you can whip it up in minutes, pop it in the fridge to firm and enjoy later in the day. If you can't wait that long, you can eat the pie without it firming up and it will have the consistency of a peanut butter mousse.
Best Dish To Use
To make a mini peanut butter pie, I use an 8.5-ounce ramekin and the ingredient amounts in the recipe are based on using a dish of similar size.
If you use a larger dish, your pie filling will not be as thick. You can also use two smaller ramekins and divide the crust and filling between the two.
How To Make Peanut Butter Pie
This is one of the easiest pies you can make.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and recipe instructions.
For The Graham Cracker Crust
- graham crackers (you may also use digestive biscuits, shortbread cookies, chocolate or vanilla wafers)
- melted butter
Pro Tip: You can make a crushed cookie crust with just about any cookies. I love using graham crackers but feel free to experiment and use your favorite kind of cookie.
For The Peanut Butter Filling
- peanut butter
- powdered sugar (also called confectioners' sugar or icing sugar)
- cream cheese
- homemade whipped cream (see easy instructions below)
See below for ways to use leftover ingredients.
Step 1: Prepare the crust.
- Crush graham crackers in either a food processor or by hand.
- To do it by hand, place them in a zip top bag and seal. Using a rolling pin, roll over the cookies until are crushed.
- Mix the cookie crumbs and butter.
- Spoon the crumbs into a small ramekin or dish. Press down with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a drinking glass help set the crust.
Step 2: Bake the crust in a 350 degree F (177 degree C) oven for 8-10 minutes.
Pro Tip: If you would like to make this a no bake peanut butter pie, don't bake the crust. Baking will lead to a crisper crust, but baking it is not necessary.
Step 3: Make the filling.
- Start by making homemade whipped cream. You could absolutely use store bought but making it from scratch is so easy and you control the amount of sugar.
If you would like to make this peanut butter pie without Cool Whip, here's how:
To Make Homemade Whipped Cream:
- Using a hand mixer, whip 1/4 cup (60 ml) cream and 1/2 teaspoon sugar together in a small bowl until stiff peaks form. This will yield about 1/3 cup of whipped cream.
- Set it aside and in a separate bowl, make the rest of the peanut butter pie filling by mixing together the peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar.
- Fold in the whipped cream and transfer to the ramekin.
Step 4: Refrigerate the pie.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
How To Serve Peanut Butter Pie
This pie is absolutely delicious without any added toppings. However, you might like to consider adding a dollop of whipped cream, shaved chocolate, or crushed peanuts to the top before eating.
If you'd like to make a chocolate peanut butter pie, drizzle melted chocolate over the top before placing the pie in the refrigerator.
- Cut up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups into small pieces and arrange on top of the pie.
- When mixing up the peanut butter filling, stir in some cookie chunks or candy pieces.
- Spread a layer of jam or jelly on the crust before spooning the filling for a peanut butter and jelly pie.
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients leftover from this peanut butter pie recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving and small batch recipes:
- Heavy cream: Vanilla Ice Cream, Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse, Banana Cream Pie
- Peanut butter: Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Balls, Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Cream cheese: Keto Fat Bombs, Pumpkin Bars, Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
- Powdered sugar: Sugar Cookies, Two Chocolate Cupcakes, Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- Graham crackers: Icebox Cake, Lemon Meringue Pie, Key Lime Pie
How Long Will Peanut Butter Pie Last?
The recipe will double and triple well. If you would like to make a few pies ahead of time, they will keep well in the refrigerator, covered for up to 3 days.
Peanut butter pies can also be frozen. Cover, wrap them tightly and place in the freezer until you are ready to eat them. They should be eaten within a week.
If you would like additional information on the dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes we use, please visit our Store page.
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (2 large sheets of graham crackers. You may also use digestive biscuits, shortbread cookies, chocolate or vanilla wafers)
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- shaved chocolate, chopped peanuts, whipped cream optional toppings
- Heat oven to 350° F (177° C).
- Pour graham cracker crumbs into a small bowl and stir in melted butter.
- Butter or spray the bottom and sides of an 8.5-ounce ramekin or baking dish of similar size with oil spray and pour the crumbs into the dish. Using your fingers, the bottom of a drinking glass or the back of a spoon, press the crumbs gently so they form a crust on the bottom.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Pour the cream and sugar into a small bowl and whip at high speed using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture with a spatula until completely blended. Spoon into the cooled ramekin and smooth out the top. Place the pie in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until ready to eat.
- Take the pie out of the refrigerator and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.