Peanut butter toast with apple slices and a drizzle of honey make a quick and easy breakfast, snack, or even dessert. Perfect for fall and apple season!
Apples and peanut butter are an absolutely delicious combination. When you add these two ingredients to a slice of toast along with a drizzle of honey and a few pecans, you've definitely taken it up a notch.
This recipe is almost not even a recipe. Peanut butter toast is so easy to make and you can add other ingredients like pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, a dash of ground cinnamon, or even a few raisins or chocolate chips to your version if you'd you like.
Why This Recipe Works
- Quick and easy: Breakfast doesn't get easier than this and peanut butter toast can be ready in minutes. It's a great breakfast for busy mornings.
- Easy to customize: Use our easy peanut butter toast recipe as written or add other ingredients you love. See below for suggestions and variations.
- Easy to double: Want to make two? Just double the ingredient amounts.
- It's nutritious: We recommend using whole grain bread and all-natural peanut butter but use the types you prefer.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
See below for ways to use leftover ingredients.
- Bread: For a healthy option, use whole grain bread. I love using sourdough because of its tangy flavor. You can use your favorite kind of bread, including white bread.
- Peanut butter: Use crunchy or creamy peanut butter. Personally, all-natural peanut butter is my favorite. You can use other nut butters like almond butter too.
- Apple: Peeled or unpeeled, cored, and sliced. Use your favorite type of apple variety.
- Honey: You can use a drizzle of maple syrup, agave nectar, or molasses instead.
- Pecans: I love the crunch that a handful of chopped pecans add. You can use chopped walnuts, peanuts, roasted sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds instead. You can even leave off the nuts if preferred.
How To Make Peanut Butter Toast
See the recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- Spread peanut butter over one side of the toasted bread.
- Top with apple slices, chopped pecans, and a drizzle of honey.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Customize your peanut butter toast by adding other fresh fruits like sliced bananas, or top with caramelized plums or fried apples.
- Top with a few spoonfuls of homemade granola.
- Add a few dollops of homemade refrigerator jam.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best peanut butter for toast is your favorite brand! Use creamy or crunchy, natural or regular. It really depends on your preference.
You may also like to try almond butter, cashew butter, or Sun Butter made from sunflower seeds for a nut-free option.
Again, use your favorite! My preference would be to use artisan or sourbread bread but I often just use the type of bread I have on hand. Good quality whole wheat bread like Dave's Killer Bread or Ezekiel brands are great choices too.
Yes! Peanut butter is a good source of protein and when paired with whole grain toast, you'll get a healthy dose of fiber as well.
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients leftover from this peanut butter toast recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving and small batch recipes.
- Peanut butter: Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Balls, Peanut Butter Pie, Deep Dish Peanut Butter Cookie
- Pecans: Mini Pecan Pie, Mini Hummingbird Cake, Cowboy Cookies, Apple Cinnamon Scones, Mini Texas Sheet Cake
- Honey: Tropical Smoothie, Baked Oatmeal, Pickled Onions, Curried Butternut Squash Soup, Sorbet
- Apples: Mini Dutch Apple Pie, Apple Muffin, Apple Crisp, Apple Dutch Baby, Apple Galette
- Bread: Avocado Toast, French Toast, Smoked Salmon Platter, Bruschetta, Breakfast Bread Pudding
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
You might like to try these quick and easy, single serving breakfast recipes:
- Breakfast Bagel
- Banana Bread
- Banana Pancakes
- Biscuit with Sausage Gravy
- Eggs Benedict
- Cheesy Baked Eggs
If you’ve tried this peanut butter toast with apples or any recipe on One Dish Kitchen please let me know how you liked it by rating the recipe and telling me about it in the comment section below.
Also, if you take a picture please tag us on Instagram (@onedishkitchen) we’d love to see it!
Peanut Butter Toast With Apples
See the post above for expert tips,
FAQs and ways to use leftover ingredients.
- 1 slice whole grain bread , toasted
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter , or almond butter
- 1 small apple , cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon honey , or maple syrup
- Spread the peanut butter over one side of the toasted bread.
- Top with apple slices, chopped pecans, and drizzle the honey over the top.
- Slice and enjoy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.