Lemon Cheesecake Mousse – a light and creamy, easy to make, no bake dessert recipe with the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
I could enjoy no bake lemon desserts like this Lemon Cheesecake Mousse For One all throughout the year but springtime is when I really seem to crave lemony treats.
You may have seen my recent Lemon Scones recipe and my not-so-recent Honey Lemon Custard For One recipe that’s going wild on Pinterest these days. I’m such a fan of lemon desserts and I think many of my readers are fans too.
This dessert is truly spectacular. It’s an easy cheesecake recipe that comes together quickly.
There is no baking involved and this dessert can be ready in minutes.
Mix together a little cream cheese along with a touch of sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Then, fold in homemade whipped cream and spoon into a buttery crushed cookie crust.
Although this lemon cheesecake mousse is the perfect size for one person, the other night my husband and I sat down with two forks and enjoyed it together. It was a nice little treat to share at the end of a long day.
When I make lemon cheesecake mousse, I usually make a graham cracker crust but recently, I discovered Lemon Oreos and used those instead.
The crushed lemon-filled cookies added an extra sweet and zesty flavor so if you can find those, definitely give them a try.
With the Oreo crust, I chose to bake the crust to help it set a little better in the mini pie pan I used. If you use graham crackers, no baking is necessary.
You can keep this cheesecake crustless by leaving out the crust altogether. Just spoon the mousse into a pretty dish and chill.
I often use mini pie or tart pans when making this lemon cheesecake mousse. An 8 to 10-ounce ramekin or other small dish will also work well. You could omit the pie crust and make the dessert as a mousse and spoon it into a pretty serving dish too.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (2 large sheets of graham crackers or use 5 lemon cream filled cookies such as Lemon Oreos)
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 2 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- Place the 2 sheets of graham crackers (or 5 cream filled cookies) in a zip-topped bag and roll with a rolling pin or heavy can to crush.
- Pour crumbs into a small bowl and stir in melted butter.
- Spoon crumbs into dessert dish and press down with the back of a spoon. Set aside. *(See notes)
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Pour the heavy cream into another small bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon over the cookie crust and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Click HERE to sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox!