Tangy lime ice cream is perfectly sweet and creamy with pieces of graham cracker crust scattered throughout for a delicate crunch with every bite.
This easy to make key lime pie cream is creamy, decadent and tastes just like key lime pie!
Ice Cream For An Ice Cream Maker
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- sweetened condensed milk
- heavy cream
- lime juice
- lime zest
- graham crackers
How To Make Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
This ice cream is so easy to make...
Combine the condensed milk and the cream and add lime juice and lime zest.
Pour all of these ingredients into an ice cream maker and begin churning.
Towards the end of the cycle, add in crushed graham crackers and let them mix in.
After a few seconds of mixing, pour the ice cream into a dish and place it into the freezer to harden for at least 2 hours.
This key lime pie ice cream comes together in minutes. It's easy to make and the smooth and creamy taste will leave you begging for more.
Tips For Making The Best Ice Cream
- Use dairy with a high fat content. Ice cream is not the place to go low-fat. In fact, milks with a lower fat content will not freeze as well and will certainly lack the richness of flavor.
- Make sure the ice cream maker bowl is cold. If the bowl is not very cold, the ice cream won't freeze as well.
- The colder the ice cream base, the easier the ice cream will freeze. For best results, don't let the ice cream base get to room temperature. Use cool or cold ingredients and after mixing the ingredients together, quickly pour the ice cream base into the machine bowl.
- Churn the ice cream until it is the consistency of soft serve ice cream then transfer to a freezer container and cover. The real work begins in the freezer where the ice cream will eventually reach the perfect ice cream consistency.
How To Store Homemade Ice Cream
- Store ice cream in a freezer-safe airtight container. I like to use either Tupperware-type containers or a bread loaf pan covered tightly with plastic wrap.
- Press plastic wrap firmly into the ice cream so that ice crystals won't form on the top of the ice cream.
- Store ice cream in the back of the freeze where the temperature is colder and most consistent.
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this ice cream recipe, you might consider using them in any of these single serving and small batch recipes:
- Sweetened condensed milk: Mini Tres Leches Cake, Microwave Fudge, Lemon Mango Pie For One
- Cream: Strawberry Shortcake For One, Lemon Cheesecake Mousse For One, Alfredo Sauce For One
- Lime juice: Key Lime Pie For One, Lime Posset, Skinny Margarita, Guacamole
- Graham crackers: Icebox Cake For One, Peanut Butter Pie For One, Lemon Meringue Pie For One
Ice Cream Recipes
This ice cream recipe will yield approximately 6 servings. You might like to browse through our other ice cream recipes:
- No Churn Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream For One
- Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream For One
For information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 sheets graham crackers , rough chopped
- Combine the condensed milk, cream, lime juice and lime zest together in a large bowl. Stir to combine
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2 quart electric ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Mine takes between 25-30 minutes until it gets creamy and thick)
- After the ice cream has set, add the graham cracker crumbs. Stir about 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours until it becomes a more solid ice cream consistency.
- Serve when ready.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.