Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Recipe – This tangy lime ice cream is perfectly sweet and creamy with pieces of graham cracker crust scattered throughout for a delicate crunch with every bite.
This easy to make key lime pie cream is creamy, decadent and tastes just like key lime pie!
Ice Cream For An Ice Cream Maker
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
Ingredients In Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- heavy cream
- lime juice
- lime zest
- graham crackers
How To Make Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
This ice cream is so easy to make…
Combine the condensed milk and the cream and add lime juice and lime zest.
Pour all of these ingredients into an ice cream maker and begin churning.
Towards the end of the cycle, add in crushed graham crackers and let them mix in.
After a few seconds of mixing, pour the ice cream into a dish and place it into the freezer to harden for at least 2 hours.
This key lime pie ice cream comes together in minutes. It’s easy to make and the smooth and creamy taste will leave you begging for more.
Tips For Making The Best Ice Cream
- Use dairy with a high fat content. Ice cream is not the place to go low-fat. In fact, milks with a lower fat content will not freeze as well and will certainly lack the richness of flavor.
- Make sure the ice cream maker bowl is cold. If the bowl is not very cold, the ice cream won’t freeze as well.
- The colder the ice cream base, the easier the ice cream will freeze. For best results, don’t let the ice cream base get to room temperature. Use cool or cold ingredients and after mixing the ingredients together, quickly pour the ice cream base into the machine bowl.
- Churn the ice cream until it is the consistency of soft serve ice cream then transfer to a freezer container and cover. The real work begins in the freezer where the ice cream will eventually reach the perfect ice cream consistency.
How To Store Homemade Ice Cream
- Store ice cream in a freezer-safe airtight container. I like to use either Tupperware-type containers or a bread loaf pan covered tightly with plastic wrap.
- Press plastic wrap firmly into the ice cream so that ice crystals won’t form on the top of the ice cream.
- Store ice cream in the back of the freeze where the temperature is colder and most consistent.
Ice Cream Recipes
This ice cream recipe will yield approximately 6 servings. You might like to browse through our other ice cream recipes:
For information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 sheets graham crackers , rough chopped
- Combine the condensed milk, cream, lime juice and lime zest together in a large bowl. Stir to combine
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2 quart electric ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Mine takes between 25-30 minutes until it gets creamy and thick)
- After the ice cream has set, add the graham cracker crumbs. Stir about 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours until it becomes a more solid ice cream consistency.
- Serve when ready.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.