With the perfect balance of tart and sweet, this lemon mango pie is the perfect single serving dessert and ideal for those cooking for one. Made with a buttery graham cracker crust and filled with a rich mango custard. This easy to make treat is light, refreshing and will easily be your new favorite dessert recipe.
Lemons and mangos go hand in hand and this lemon mango pie is the perfect dessert to bring those two wonderful ingredients together. This pie is a classic summertime dessert!
Lately, the mangos in my grocery store have been big and beautiful. I've enjoyed incorporating them into my overnight oats and adding them to salads. The mangos have been extra sweet and so I decided to add them to a lovely lemon pie recipe I use - the result was spectacular!
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
For this easy lemon mango pie recipe, you will need:
For the crust:
- graham cracker crumbs (you can also use speculoos, gingersnaps, digestive biscuits, or other similar cookie)
For the lemon mango filling:
- a mango (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- lemon juice
- egg yolks
- sweetened condensed milk
How To Make Lemon Mango Pie
The mango filling comes together quickly by pureeing the mango chunks with lemon juice in a blender.
To the pureed mangos, add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.
The easy to make graham cracker crust provides the perfect base for the lemon mango filling and the dessert bakes for 15-18 minutes.
Be sure to set the pie aside to cool before you dig in. The lemon mango filling sets as it cools and keeps well in the refrigerator for a couple of days, but I would bet money that it won't last longer than a day in yours.
One spoonful of this rich and wonderful mango pie is all it takes to be completely hooked and since it's such an easy dessert to make, you just might find yourself making this one over and over again.
How To Make A Graham Cracker Crust
You can either crush sheets of graham crackers as I did in my Sweet Potato Pie recipe or you can use pre-crushed graham crackers, which was what I often use in recipes when I'm pressed for time.
Where I live, the price of a box of whole graham crackers is often about the same as the price of the crushed. If my week is busy, already crushed crackers save me a few precious minutes.
The crumbs are mixed with a little melted butter and sugar, pressed into a 5-inch baking dish and baked for 10 minutes.
A Lovely Mango Dessert
The mango adds a wonderfully sweet, tropical flavor and when mangos are combined with a tart lemon, it's perfection.
This pie is light and the custard filling is rich and extra creamy.
Another thing I love about this easy recipe is that it can be made entirely in my blender, which is perfect because there are no extra mixing bowls to clean.
What To Do With Leftover Sweetened Condensed Milk
You will not use an entire can of sweetened condensed milk in this lemon mango pie. You might like to consider using the rest in any one, or all of these lovely single serving and small batch recipes:
What To Do With Leftover Egg Whites
Since you will be using only the egg yolks, the leftover egg whites can be used in any of these recipes:
For this dessert recipe, I use a 5-inch baking dish. This baking dish holds about 1.5 cups. Similar sized baking dishes that hold about 2 cups will work well too.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
FOR THE LEMON MANGO FILLING
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped mangos , (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
How To Video
TO MAKE THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs into a small bowl and stir in sugar and melted butter.
- Butter or spray the bottom and sides of a 5-inch baking dish or a dish of similar size with oil spray and pour the crumbs into the dish. Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, press the crumbs gently so they form a crust on the bottom.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
TO MAKE THE LEMON MANGO FILLING
- Place the chopped mango along with the lemon juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and the sweetened condensed milk to the blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour the lemon mango mixture into the baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until set around the edges. The center of the pie should jiggle slightly.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until completely chilled.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.