Quick and easy homemade Alfredo Sauce recipe made with cream, butter, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg. This rich, creamy recipe is wonderful served over pasta or with chicken.
This creamy and delicious single serving Alfredo Sauce recipe is one that all home cooks should have. It's a lovely sauce that's perfect to toss with pasta or serve with chicken.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
The ingredients in this small batch recipe are:
- heavy cream
- lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- ground nutmeg
- salt (optional)
How To Make This Recipe
The detailed steps, with photos, showing how to make the sauce is shown in an earlier (large batch) Alfredo sauce recipe from a few years ago. The process is the same, the ingredient amounts are different.
Stir the cream and the lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat to blend. Add the butter and cook until the butter melts.
After the butter melts, add in grated Parmesan cheese, and a pinch of nutmeg. Stir until the cheese has melted.
Alfredo Sauce is traditionally served with fettuccine pasta. This flat, ribbon pasta is perfect for cream sauces such as this one. Feel free to use your favorite pasta shape instead.
Reduced Calorie Option
You can lighten up and reduce the calories in this Alfredo Sauce by substituting half and half for the heavy cream. The sauce will still be creamy and the calories will be reduced.
Many Ways to Enjoy This Wonderful Sauce
Use this Alfredo Sauce in a variety of different ways. In addition to eating it tossed with pasta, consider also adding the sauce to cooked chicken, shrimp, or on an Alfredo pizza.
Pasta For One
When you want to make a bowl of pasta for yourself, this single serving sauce recipe is perfect.
I generally use 2-ounces of dried fettuccine noodles and find that this recipe will give you the perfect amount of sauce.
As the pasta cooks in the boiling water, so does the sauce in it's own saucepan. In minutes, you can enjoy a big bowl of Fettuccine Alfredo and you'll have no leftovers to deal with.
Other Small Batch Sauce Recipes
What To Serve With Fettuccine Alfredo
Ways To Use Up Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this recipe, you might consider using them in any of these single serving recipes:
- Cream: Vanilla Ice Cream, Icebox Cake, Crustless Quiche Lorraine, Chicken with Mustard Sauce
- Lemon juice: Lemon Blueberry Muffin, Lemon and Garlic Chicken, Lemon Meringue Pie, Baba Ganoush
- Parmesan cheese: Parmesan Crisps, Eggplant Parmesan, Baked Chicken Tenders, Cheesy Baked Eggs
For this single serving recipe, I use a 1-quart saucepan. For best results, please use a pan of similar size.
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch salt , to taste
How To Video
- Stir the cream and the lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat to blend.
- Add the butter and cook over medium heat until the butter melts, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and salt, stirring until the cheese has completely melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle a little more grated parmesan over the top, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.