This is the BEST baked chicken tenders recipe! Chicken strips dipped in melted butter, then dredged in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and a flavorful mix of spices. Bakes in 20 minutes! This small batch recipe makes 8-10 crispy oven baked chicken strips.
It’s a fact, this is the best baked chicken tenders recipe I’ve found. Tender and juicy strips of chicken surrounded by a crisp, flavorful crust. They’re perfect for snacking, lunch, or dinner.
There are so many things I love about this easy chicken recipe. One of the things I love is that the chicken is baked, not fried and they cook in under 30 minutes.
What Are Chicken Tenders?
Chicken tenders are an actual part of the chicken. They are the little strips of meat that are attached to the underside of a chicken breast.
You can make your own tenders by taking a boneless, skinless chicken breast and cutting it lengthwise into pieces about 1/2-inch thick or you can purchase chicken tenders already packaged from your grocery store.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
We love the Italian spices in the coating and baking with the spices helps seal in the flavor and give the chicken tenders a crisp golden crust.
To make these Italian chicken tenders you will need:
- seasoned bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- dried spices such as thyme, oregano, and rosemary
- garlic powder
- chicken tenders
How Long Do You Bake Chicken Tenders?
After coating the chicken strips with the butter and spices, lay them on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.
The chicken can also be baked in a toaster oven.
How To Make Chicken Tenders Without Breading
If you want to make a low carb version, don’t use breadcrumbs. Just mix together the spices and Parmesan cheese and continue with the recipe.
Other Baked Chicken Recipes
- Baked Chicken Caprese For One
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Lemon and Garlic Chicken For One
- Chicken Margherita For One
- Chicken Pot Pie For One
What To Serve With Chicken Strips
- French Fries – A Small Batch Recipe
- Scalloped Potatoes For One
- Macaroni and Cheese For One
- Spinach and Orzo Salad For One
For information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter , melted (1/2 stick)
- 6-8 chicken tenders
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Dip the chicken strips in the melted butter, then dredge them in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken strips on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Click HERE to sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox!