Cooking for one and looking for single serving meatless recipes? Look no further, here are over 20 single serving meatless meals that are perfect for Lent or any time of the year.
Years ago I started preparing meatless dishes when my son became a vegetarian. At first, it seemed difficult and honestly pretty limiting, since it significantly changed the options for what I could make.
Over time, however, I discovered how many great protein alternatives there were and just how much my experiences in the kitchen could be opened up by this new form of cooking. And while I wasn't a vegetarian myself, I also started to see the great effects that swapping out some of my meat dishes for vegetarian ones was having on my health.
The meat-free recipes listed here include many of the favorites I have cultivated since making the switch to more vegetarian meals such as Eggplant Parmesan and Chickpea Curry. Whether you're a vegetarian yourself or are simply looking for a few recipes for Meatless Mondays or to enjoy during Lent, you're sure to love the recipes we have gathered for you.
Why These Recipes Work
- These meatless recipes are a few of my favorite and some of the most popular recipes on One Dish Kitchen.
- If you're abstaining from eating meat on the Fridays of Lent leading up to Easter Sunday, these recipes are perfect.
- Easy-to-make recipes that don't require a lot of fancy, hard to find ingredients.
- They're all single serving recipes but can be made to serve two if adding a side salad or side dish.
- These single serving meals are perfect for people who live on their own, a parent who wants to indulge themselves while their kids have their favorites, couples that can’t agree on what they want for dinner or caregivers providing meals to a parent or friend.
Frequently Asked Questions
- In every recipe we mention the size of the baking dish we use and recommend. For best results, use the one recommended or use a dish of similar size. All of the baking dishes we suggest using can be found on our Bakeware page. Other cooking dishes can be found on our Cookware page.
- Many of our recipes can be doubled to serve two people, if necessary. Just double the ingredients and keep the cooking times the same.