This easy to make Baked Pasta is filled with roasted vegetables, plenty of cheese, and tossed in Marinara Sauce. It’s a single serving meal bursting with flavor!
Baked Pastas are so easy to make and this Baked Pasta With Roasted Vegetables For One is no exception. Roasted zucchini, red peppers, onions and garlic are the heart of this dish.
The vegetables are mixed with cooked pasta, Marinara sauce, creamy cheeses and baked in the oven.
This baked pasta comes out of the oven perfectly cooked and bursting with flavor.
A few years ago, I was hosting a dinner party at my house and a few of the guests were vegetarian. I wanted to make a pasta casserole that would satisfy the vegetarians as well as the meat-lovers in the group.
I came across a recipe for Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables from Giada de Laurentiis, gave it a try and it was a huge success. From that moment on, this baked pasta recipe has been my go-to recipe for dinner parties and potlucks.
Since this baked pasta recipe has always been such a favorite, I decided to scale down the ingredients and turn it into a single serving recipe.
Baked Penne Pasta
One thing I love about this baked pasta recipe is that you can change up the vegetables based on what you have on hand.
While I love the color combination of the bright red peppers and green zucchini, I also love to experiment with other vegetables. You might consider using roasted summer squash and cherry tomatoes. Roasted broccoli and cauliflower are would also be a wonderful addition.
This single serving recipe calls for Smoked Gruyere and Fontina cheeses, but don’t worry if you can’t find these particular types of cheese in your grocery store.
Other cheese suggestions would include Smoked Mozzarella or another type of creamy cheese.
Before baking the pasta with roasted vegetables in the oven, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese over the top and add a few dots of butter.
The pasta is perfectly baked with a nice crust on the top. It’s incredibly flavorful, super creamy and extra cheesy!
For this Baked Pasta For One, I use a 5-inch baking dish which holds about 1 1/2 to 2 cups. You can also use a loaf pan or any similar smaller sized baking dish.
If you would like more information on the baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Baked Pasta Recipe With Roasted Vegetables
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herb mix or herbs de Provence
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup dried penne pasta
- 3/4 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 ounces Fontina cheese , shredded
- 1 ounce Smoked Gruyere cheese , shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter , cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- On a baking sheet, toss the zucchini, peppers, onions and garlic with olive oil, spices, salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for about 5-6 minutes until the pasta is al dente (firm and not too soft).Drain in a colander.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the drained pasta with the roasted vegetables, Marinara sauce and cheeses. Gently mix the ingredients together until all of the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Pour the pasta into a greased 5-inch baking dish. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and butter pieces. Bake until top is golden and cheese melts, about 25 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Click HERE to sign up to receive the latest recipes in your inbox