This Shrimp and Prosciutto Pasta recipe is a quick and easy pasta dish loaded with shrimp chopped prosciutto, tomatoes, and garlic all simmered in wonderfully rich cream sauce.
I'm so excited to share this bowl of Shrimp and Prosciutto Pasta with you. It's full of fresh ingredients, is easy to make, and is so incredibly tasty.
This shrimp dish is amazing in the summer, when there are fresh tomatoes begging to be eaten. But you can make this dish any time of the year with canned tomatoes.
Pasta recipes are my go-to recipes when I want a quick, hearty, flavorful meal.
I often prefer my pasta simple, with just a bit of extra virgin olive oil, some sauteéd garlic, and a touch of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
But there are times when I want to elevate a simple pasta dish a bit. When that time strikes, this easy goat cheese with prosciutto pasta recipe is one I call upon.
It's quick and easy and filled with juicy shrimp and salty prosciutto. In a word, it's amazing!
Shrimp and Prosciutto Pasta
I used bowtie pasta (farfalle) because that's what I happened to have on hand. Just about any pasta will do here so use your favorite.
A good rule of thumb when you're cooking for one is to use 2-ounces of dry pasta when making a pasta recipe. When cooked, this amount yields what many consider to be an appropriate amount for one person. I like to add a bit more pasta when I make this shrimp and prosciutto pasta so I use about 3-ounces. It will deliver about 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- olive oil
- white wine (or use chicken broth)
- heavy cream (also called double cream)
- Parmesan cheese
- cherry tomatoes
How To Make Pasta With Shrimp
- Cook the pasta, drain, and set aside.
- To make the sauce, begin by warming the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet. Add the garlic, shrimp, and chopped prosciutto to the pan and sauté for a few minutes.
- Next, pour in the wine and allow the sauce to simmer. If you don't want to use wine, chicken broth is a great substitute.
- Stir in the cream and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Mix in the cooked pasta and sliced cherry tomatoes and enjoy!
Other Single Serving Pasta Recipes
If you like this shrimp and prosciutto pasta recipe, you might also like to try these single serving pasta recipes:
- Crawfish Pasta
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Baked Pasta With Roasted Vegetables
- Pasta With Vodka Sauce
- Macaroni and Cheese For One
Shrimp Recipes For One
You might like to try these wonderful shrimp recipes:
- Zucchini Noodles With Garlic and Shrimp
- Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta
- Shrimp Creole
- Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp Scampi
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 3 ounces uncooked bowtie pasta or use your favorite pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
- 1/2 cup peeled and deveined shrimp about 10 medium-sized
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, shrimp, and prosciutto and saute over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, until shrimp are pink.
- Add the wine (or chicken broth) and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cream and the cheese and heat stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Gently fold in the cooked pasta.
- Garnish with tomatoes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.