Parmesan Crisps recipe - easy to make and a wonderful one ingredient snack. Also called Parmesan Fricos, these cheese crisps are great to eat by themselves or use as a low-carb "cracker".
It's hard to believe that these Parmesan Crisps are made with just one ingredient!
That's right, shredded parmesan cheese is all you need to make these delicious low carb chips.
Parmesan chips are also known as fricos and they are essentially an Italian cheese crisp that slightly resembles a lacey potato chip.
These crispy low carb cheese chips taste terrific by themselves and are ideal for crumbling onto the tops of salads.
These keto cheese chips also make wonderful "crackers" to hold favorite toppings.
How To Make Parmesan Cheese Crisps
Parmesan Crisps (fricos) are so easy to make!
Grate or shred a wedge of parmesan cheese. If you have a food processor, cut the parmesan cheese into smaller pieces, toss the pieces into the food processor and pulse until the parmesan cheese is grated.
Scoop up about 3 tablespoons of the cheese and place it on a baking sheet. An ice cream scooper works well for this.
Spread out each mound about 2 to 3-inches wide and leave an inch or two between the cheese.
Garnish the tops with toasted pine nuts or leave them plain.
Bake the parmesan cheese at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 5-6 minutes until the crisps turn golden in color.
Let the cheese crisps cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before carefully removing them to a cooling rack.
Parmesan crisps can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
What To Serve With Parmesan Crisps
You might like to serve parmesan crisps with any of these small batch dips and soups:
Parmesan Cheese Crisps (Fricos)
See the post above for expert tips,
FAQs and ways to use leftover ingredients.
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese , rind removed
- pine nuts , toasted (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grate the cheese into a bowl.
- Line a large baking sheet with nonstick liner. Scoop out even portions of cheese (you can use an ice cream scoop if you have one) and place on baking sheet, 3-inches apart.
- Flatten each mound slightly with a metal spatula or with your fingers.
- Place a few toasted pine nuts on the top of each mound of cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Remove pan from the oven and let the crisps cool on the pan for 3 minutes.
- Carefully transfer each crisp to a cooling rack to cool completely.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.