This wonderful Shrimp Fettuccine is a flavorful, easy meal that cooks in just 20 minutes! Shrimp cooked in garlic, then tossed with buttery fettuccine. Healthy, hearty and the perfect amount for anyone cooking for one.
I find that the simplest recipes are often the best. The recipes that don’t require much planning and the recipes that use ingredients already found in your pantry or fridge are often my favorite meals. Take this easy recipe for Shrimp Fettuccine For One for instance.
Since I already had shrimp in my freezer and a package of fettuccine in my pantry, I knew this Shrimp Fettuccine would come together effortlessly.
Quick, easy, soul-satisfying meals are what I crave lately and at the end of a long day, knowing that I can make dinner with a handful of ingredients makes me very happy.
Shrimp cooks so quickly on the stove.
With a little butter, olive oil, minced garlic, a pinch of crushed red pepper and a touch of salt, the flavor of the shrimp comes alive.
Mix the cooked shrimp, sauteéd garlic and seasoned oil in with cooked fettuccine and you’ve got a fabulous meal.
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
If you want to add Alfredo Sauce to this pasta recipe, be sure to check out our single serving Alfredo Sauce recipe.
Cooking For One Tip
When cooking for one, I find that keeping bags of frozen shrimp and frozen chicken breasts or thighs in my freezer to be a really great idea.
Having these items on hand make it easy to make a wonderful meal at the end of a long day.
Simply use what you need and know with confidence that by keeping these items in your freezer, you can enjoy a delicious meal any time.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine (about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (use less if you don't want the shrimp to be too spicy)
- 2 ounces shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Parmesan cheese , for topping
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until shrimp is cooked through and pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the salt. Remove skillet from heat.
- Add the cooked fettuccine to the skillet and top with the olive oil. Toss to combine. Transfer shrimp fettuccine to a plate or a bowl and top with Parmesan cheese.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!