This Mediterranean pasta dish is loaded with shrimp, roasted tomatoes, olives, Feta cheese and is bursting with flavor. This meal looks gourmet but is so easy to make and can be ready in minutes!
This post is sponsored by World Port Seafood. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.
I'm one of those people who could probably eat seafood every night of the week. I'm a true seafood lover and I never grow tired of incorporating fish or shrimp into any one of my favorite recipes. This Mediterranean Pasta and Shrimp recipe is one of those recipes.
I love the flavors in Mediterranean cooking and this easy to make, healthy pasta and shrimp recipe is one I'm sure you'll love too.
This fabulous dish combines buttery pasta with oven roasted tomatoes, herbs, Feta cheese, salty Kalamata olives and plump, juicy shrimp. It's a meal you will see on my dinner table on a regular basis.
With the availability of frozen seafood, this Mediterranean pasta dish can be enjoyed any time of the year.
What Is Red Argentine Shrimp?
Red Argentine Shrimp cook quickly, actually they cook faster than more common shrimp. They're big, sweet and robust. Many people say that the flavor reminds them of lobster.
Using frozen shrimp allows me to use the amount of shrimp I need for a meal and keep the rest in the freezer for next time. Having frozen shrimp and seafood on hand is a huge convenience, especially when you're cooking for one or two people.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- kalamata olives
- feta cheese
How To Make Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta
- Slice plum tomatoes in half lengthwise, drizzle a little olive oil over the tops and sprinkle each tomato with seasonings, salt and pepper. To the pan, add chopped garlic and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and roast the tomatoes in the oven until they become soft and are slightly browned.
- Roasting brings out a wonderful flavor in the tomatoes and while they're in the oven, you can make the pasta and cook the shrimp.
- After the tomatoes roast in the oven, spoon them into the cooked pasta along with the beautiful cooked shrimp.
- I used Casarecci pasta in this recipe because I love it's long, twisted shape. Feel free to use your favorite pasta in its place.
- Finally, add in the Kalamata olives and the Feta cheese and enjoy.
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this shrimp and pasta recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving and small batch recipes:
- Tomatoes: Ratatouille, Avocado Toast, Lentil Stew
- Pasta: Baked Pasta with Roasted Vegetables, Crawfish Pasta, Buttered Noodles
- Shrimp: Shrimp Fettuccine, Shrimp Scampi, Shrimp Creole
- Kalamata olives: Mediterranean Chicken, Spinach and Orzo Salad
- Feta cheese: Greek Salad, Italian Pasta Salad, Moussaka
What To Serve With Mediterranean Pasta
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes , halved lengthwise (about 2)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 clove garlic , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked short shaped pasta (medium shells, farfalle, casarecci or your favorite shape)
- 1/2 tablespoon salted butter
- 4 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons Feta cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place tomatoes, cut-sides up, in a foil-lined baking pan. Mix 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spoon over tomatoes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and browned on top.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the pasta as directed on package. Drain well, transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining olive oil.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet. When the butter melts, add the shrimp to the pan. Cover the pan and cook the shrimp 3 minutes on one side, flip the shrimp over and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and add to the pasta. (*See Notes)
- Coarsely chop 1/2 of the tomatoes and add them and the rest of the tomatoes along with their juices to the pasta, toss to mix well.
- Stir in the Kalamata olives and the feta. season with salt to taste and serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.