This Mediterranean pasta dish is loaded with shrimp, roasted tomatoes, olives, Feta cheese and is bursting with flavor. This meal looks gourmet but is so easy to make and can be ready in minutes!
This post is sponsored by World Port Seafood. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.
I’m one of those people who could probably eat seafood every night of the week. I’m a true seafood lover and I never grow tired of incorporating fish or shrimp into any one of my favorite recipes. This Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta recipe is one of those recipes. I love the flavors in Mediterranean cooking and this easy to make, healthy pasta and shrimp recipe is one I’m sure you’ll love too.
This fabulous dish combines buttery pasta with oven roasted tomatoes, herbs and Feta cheese, salty Kalamata olives and plump, juicy shrimp. It’s a meal you will see on my dinner table on a regular basis.
With the availability of frozen seafood, this Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta can be enjoyed any time of the year.
I’ve recently partnered with World Port Seafood to share with you a few of their seafood products and the beautiful Red Argentinean Shrimp found in this easy recipe is one of their many products.
World Port Seafood delivers premium, ocean-fresh seafood directly to your door. The seafood is always “in season” because the fish is cleaned and frozen shortly after it’s caught. They use the unique deep-freeze delivery that was pioneered by Omaha Steaks to bring their seafood to the consumer.
Red Argentinian Shrimp cook quickly, actually they cook faster than more common shrimp. They’re big and sweet and robust. Many people say that the flavor reminds them of lobster.
I really love the fact that I can use the amount of shrimp I need and keep the rest in the freezer for next time. Having frozen shrimp and seafood on hand is a huge convenience, especially when you’re cooking for one or two people.
Shrimp and Pasta
This delightful recipe comes together quickly.
Slice plum tomatoes in half lengthwise, drizzle a little olive oil over the tops and sprinkle each tomato with seasonings, salt and pepper. To the pan, add chopped garlic and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and roast the tomatoes in the oven until they become soft and are slightly browned.
Roasting brings out a wonderful flavor in the tomatoes and while they’re in the oven, you can make the pasta and cook the shrimp.
I used Casarecci pasta in this recipe because I love it’s long, twisted shape. Feel free to use your favorite pasta in its place.
After the tomatoes roast in the oven, spoon them into the cooked pasta along with the beautiful cooked shrimp. Finally, add in the Kalamata olives and the Feta cheese and enjoy.
We were sent the Eat More Seafood Shipment from World Port Seafood which included the beautiful Red Argentinian Shrimp, Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crabmeat and the lovely Tortilla Crusted Tilapia that I cooked on the same pan as the colorful roasted vegetables shown below.
You won’t find many sponsored posts on One Dish Kitchen. In fact, when you do see one you can be assured that it is because I truly love the company and use the products myself.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of World Port Seafood. All opinions expressed are my own.
Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes , halved lengthwise (about 2)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 clove garlic , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2 ounces pasta (I used Casarecci but you could also use Farfalle, Penne or your favorite pasta)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used Whole Port Seafood Red Argentinean Shrimp)
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons Feta cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place tomatoes, cut-sides up, in a foil-lined baking pan. Mix 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spoon over tomatoes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and browned on top.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the pasta as directed on package. Drain well, transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining olive oil.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet. When the butter melts, add the shrimp to the pan. Cover the pan and cook the shrimp 3 minutes on one side, flip the shrimp over and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and add to the pasta. (*See Notes)
- Coarsely chop 1/2 of the tomatoes and add them and the rest of the tomatoes along with their juices to the pasta, toss to mix well.
- Stir in the Kalamata olives and the feta. season with salt to taste and serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!