Grilled Pound Cake – Slices of pound cake, buttered and grilled then topped with grilled bananas, limoncello and a mascarpone cream. A wonderful dessert made almost entirely on the grill.
Have you ever made a dessert on the grill? If you haven’t, you might want to consider adding this grilled pound cake to your grilling list.
This simple grilled dessert is quick, easy, and you don’t have to heat up your kitchen by turning on your oven to make a wonderful, indulgent dessert.
This is the perfect dessert recipe for the grill and I think you’ll love it too!
Outdoor or Indoor Grilling
We’ve had our first taste of spring weather this past week and let me tell you, it was glorious! Blue skies, birds chirping, the perfect temperature – everyone was outside and loving it.
This time of the year, the weather could go either way here in Texas. It can be cool one day and warm the next but one thing that’s certain, summer is on the way.
When the folks at Hamilton Beach asked me if I would like to try their Indoor Searing Grill, I knew right away that I wanted to.
Although we are blessed with fair temperatures most of the year and can grill often, sometimes the intense Texas heat or a rain-filled day prevents us from doing so.
Grilled pound cake is one of my favorite grilled desserts to make, especially when we’re entertaining. It’s not only an easy recipe to serve a crowd but it’s delightful to enjoy when you’re cooking for one.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- pound cake (store-bought or use our homemade pound cake recipe)
- limoncello (optional)
- heavy cream
- mascarpone cheese
- vanilla extract
Do I Have To Use Limoncello?
No, you don’t have to use limoncello in this recipe. My husband makes his own limoncello and it’s fabulous so I do like to brush a little over the bananas. You could also use a store brand or leave limoncello out of the recipe completely.
Another option would be to skip grilling the banana and instead make a simple bananas foster and add it to the top of the grilled pound cake. This would be a delicious option!
How To Grill Slices Of Pound Cake And Bananas
- Two slices cut to about 1-inch thickness and buttered, then placed on the grill for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Next, cut a banana in half lengthwise, leaving the peel on. Lightly brush with butter and place the banana cut side down on the grill. Cover and grill for 3 minutes, then turn the banana over and brush with limoncello. Grill for 5 minutes longer.
- Place a slice of the grilled pound cake on a serving plate.
- Peel the banana and slice it – add the slices of banana to the cake.
- Top with a hefty spoonful of mascarpone cream.
With each bite of buttery pound cake, you also get a taste of the sweet limoncello glazed bananas and the creamy, vanilla infused whipped topping.
Can I Double or Triple This Dessert?
Yes, the ingredients in this recipe can be successfully doubled or tripled.
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this grilled pound cake recipe, you might consider using them in any of these single serving recipes:
- Bananas: Banana Cream Pie, Mini Banana Upside Down Cake, Frozen Chocolate Banana
- Limoncello: Limoncello Ice Cream, Limoncello Champagne Aperitifs, Limoncello Cake
- Heavy cream: Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate Mousse, Crustless Spinach Quiche
- Mascarpone cheese: Tiramisu, or add a dollop to fresh fruit, spread on toast with a drizzle of honey, or stir into pasta sauce.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Hamilton Beach. All opinions expressed are my own
- 2 slices pound cake (sliced about 1-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter , softened
FOR THE GRILLED LIMONCELLO BANANAS
- 1 medium banana , unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon limoncello (optional)
FOR THE MASCARPONE CREAM
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat grill to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove cake from the grill and set aside.
TO MAKE THE LIMONCELLO BANANAS
- Using a sharp knife, cut banana in half lengthwise, leaving the peel on.
- Brush the cut banana with the remaining softened butter.
- Place bananas cut side down on grill. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes. Using tongs, turn the bananas over and brush with limoncello. Cover and grill for 5 minutes longer or until tender.
- Remove from the grill and peel.
TO MAKE THE MASCARPONE CREAM
- Place the cream, mascarpone, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer until cream is thickened and smooth.
- Place one slice of the grilled pound cake on a serving dish.
- Top with banana slices and mascarpone cream.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group. We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!