This easy sheet pan chicken recipe is what dinner dreams are made of! One chicken breast (or thigh) cooks alongside your favorite vegetables all on one sheet pan for minimal cleanup. It’s a fantastic dinner recipe for one!
When I’m looking for a flavorful, easy to make dinner recipe I almost always turn to one of my sheet pan recipes. Everything cooking on the same pan makes for minimal clean up and let’s face it, after a busy day the last thing any of us want to be doing is cleaning up a kitchen late into the night.
My ideal weeknight dinner would have to be this sheet pan chicken recipe with sweet potatoes. I take 1 piece of chicken and a small sweet potato that I’ve peeled and sliced and place it all on the same sheet pan. I top the chicken and the slices of sweet potatoes with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and place the pan in the oven to bake.
Feel free to use a different vegetable in place of the sweet potato. Broccoli and carrots make a very nice side dish.
The chicken and vegetables cook on the same pan for about 35 minutes.
Served with a single serving of rice and a salad on this side – this is what dinner dreams are made of!
What pan should I use in this sheet pan chicken recipe?
In my recipes for one, I use a quarter sheet pan. It’s the perfect size for holding a small amount of food. The brand I use is Nordic Ware but you can use any similar sized baking sheet.
Can this sheet pan chicken be made in a toaster oven?
Most definitely, yes! If you have a toaster oven with a temperature control, set the temperature the same as you would for this recipe (400 degrees F/ 200 degrees C). Be sure to check to make sure the chicken is completely cooked by using a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast or thigh and when the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees F, it is safe to eat.
Other single serving sheet pan recipes you might enjoy…
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe
- 1 chicken thigh (or chicken breast)
- 1 small sweet potato , scrubbed, peeled and sliced into strips resembling thick-cut fries
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the chicken on one side of the baking sheet. Add the potatoes and tomatoes to the other side of the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and the vegetables. Season the chicken and the vegetables with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Using your hands, mix the vegetables so that they are all completely covered with the oil and spices.
- Rub the oil and spices over both sides of the chicken.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Other recipes you might like…