Enjoy the warm spices of the season in this wintertime Gingerbread Granola. Filled with nuts, oats, molasses and maple syrup, it’s perfectly spiced and great for breakfast or to snack on.
I’m always looking for new flavors to incorporate into my granola recipe. Homemade granola is one of those incredibly delicious snacks that make it easy to mix in all kinds of different flavors and ingredients.
Take this Gingerbread Granola, for example. I’ve taken the ingredients found in my traditional granola; oats, nuts, and shredded coconut and added the warm, perfectly spiced flavors of the holiday season.
Plenty of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves mixed with a touch of brown sugar make this gingerbread granola special. To bind the ingredients together, melt a little butter on the stove, then add in maple syrup, molasses, and a pinch of salt. After stirring the ingredients in the bowl, it’s transferred and spread out onto a baking sheet. The granola bakes for a total of 30 minutes, removing the pan from the oven to give the granola a little stir so that it cooks evenly every 10 minutes.
As the gingerbread granola bakes, the aroma coming from your kitchen will smell amazing.
This gingerbread granola is crisp and crunchy. It’s subtly spiced, wonderfully flavored, and completely addicting.
Most times, we find ourselves eating it straight off the baking sheet. It tastes so good! If you can hold off, enjoy gingerbread granola with vanilla almond milk or a big bowl of greek yogurt.
Gingerbread granola would also make a lovely holiday, hostess, or teacher gift. Pour the granola into little mason jars and decorate with a festive ribbon for a no-fuss gift.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- 1 cup walnuts , roughly chopped ( or pecans )
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- In a small pot on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the maple syrup, molasses and salt.
- Remove pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture into the bowl with the oats and nuts and mix well.
- Pour onto 1 large sheet pan and spread evenly.
- Cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from the oven, cool and transfer to a large bowl.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Other recipes you might like…