Easy Turkey Chili recipe made with lean ground turkey, tomatoes, vegetables, and spices. A healthier alternative to beef chili, this flavor packed single serving meal can be ready in around 30 minutes!
This healthy turkey chili recipe is one of the easiest, best-tasting chili recipes around. It’s filled with flavor, packed with vegetables, and can be ready in minutes.
I used to make turkey chili all the time when my kids were living at home. Actually, I would rotate between beef chili and turkey chili and my kids could never even tell the difference. My husband and I have always loved the turkey chili best because it’s lighter and healthier than beef chili.
Chili is one of the most comforting meals I know of. Simple ingredients simmer together for a gloriously satisfying meal.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- olive oil
- chopped onions
- yellow or red pepper
- ground turkey
- Italian seasoning
- smoked paprika
- black pepper
- canned tomatoes
- canned black beans
How To Make Turkey Chili
- Begin by cooking chopped onions, minced garlic, and either a chopped red or yellow pepper in a small skillet.
- Push the vegetables aside and brown the ground turkey in the same pan.
- Add the seasonings to the turkey and continue to cook.
- Add in diced tomatoes and beans.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes more.
What To Do With The Leftover Ingredients
You might consider using any leftover ingredients you might have in any of these single serving and small batch recipes:
You will use 2-ounces (about 1/2-cup) of chopped onions in this chili recipe. Cut onions can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
They may also chopped and kept in the freezer. When you are ready to use some, break off a piece of the frozen onions and toss it into your dish to thaw as you cook.
Black beans can be kept in the refrigerator in a sealed container and used within a week. They may also be frozen and kept in the freezer for about 4 weeks. Thaw the beans first before using in another recipe.
Canned tomatoes can be stored in a sealed container and refrigerated for about 5 days. They may also be stored in a freezer and kept for 3 months.
Can I Use Ground Beef Instead Of Ground Turkey In This Recipe?
Yes, you can! Ground beef, ground chicken or ground pork will work in this recipe.
What To Serve With Turkey Chili
Optional Chili Toppings
I love adding these toppings to our turkey chili:
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
For this turkey chili recipe, I use a 10-ounce skillet.
If you would like additional information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces chopped onions
- 1 yellow or red pepper , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 5 ounces ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces canned tomatoes (with their juices)
- 2 ounces canned black beans , rinsed and drained
- For topping: cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, or cilantro. (optional)
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Next, add in the ground turkey and break up the meat; stir occasionally and cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper; stir for about 10 seconds.
- Next, add in the tomatoes and black beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, or cilantro.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.