Tender, oven-baked Turkey Meatballs For One, wonderful with tomato sauce or on their own. They’re full of flavor and so easy to make. This easy recipe makes 5 to 6 large meatballs and is perfect if you are Cooking for One.
When I get a craving for meatballs, I want big, round, very tender and immensely flavorful meatballs. I want hearty meatballs, ones that are stuffed with bits of sweet onions, minced garlic, salty parmesan and an aromatic mix of herbs.
What I don’t want is a dry, dull, flavorless meatball – to me, that isn’t even a meatball.
The meatball should indeed BE the star of the plate.
These turkey meatballs for one are all that I’ve described and more. They are, in fact, THE perfect meatballs!
I’ve been making a variation of these turkey meatballs for years for my family. They’re so full of flavor and the texture is absolutely perfect. They’re wonderful when added to a pot of tomato sauce and they are outstanding when eaten on their own.
I’ve scaled down the ingredients so that this particular recipe will serve one or two people and makes about 5 big turkey meatballs.
I start with ground turkey, although ground beef would do fine as well. To the meat, I add a finely chopped blend of onions, garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese. Then, the mixture is seasoned with salt, pepper, dried basil and dried oregano. To bind the meat mixture together, an egg and seasoned breadcrumbs are mixed in.
The meatballs are placed on a baking sheet and baked in the oven for about 20 minutes.
This recipe is very flexible. I sometimes don’t even add an egg or the breadcrumbs, especially when I’m making the meatballs with a tomato sauce. When adding these meatballs to cook with tomato sauce, they seem to absorb the flavors of the sauce and become so tender and full of flavor, the egg and breadcrumbs aren’t really necessary.
These turkey meatballs can be served over pasta or rice, or eaten all my themselves. The choice is up to you.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.
- 1/2 cup chopped onions , (about 1/4 of a small onion)
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves , roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the onions, garlic, parsley and Parmesan in the base of a food processor. Pulse until mixture is very finely chopped.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the egg and the breadcrumbs and mix well
- Stir in the salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Mix in the ground turkey.
- Dampen your hands with water and shape the meat mixture into 5 balls.
- Arrange the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Products used in this recipe…
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Other recipes you might like…