A classic recipe for Homemade Apple Pie made with a flaky crust and one sweet juicy apple. This single serving apple pie recipe provides you with a scrumptious dessert without leftovers!
I don’t think there are many desserts that are more comforting than apple pie. In fact, an apple pie recipe made from scratch is a treasure.
Today I’m sharing a great apple pie recipe for one that I’m sure you’ll love. This pie recipe comes complete with a fool-proof crust recipe that’s just the right size for this mini pie.
Apple Pie Crust Recipe
The pie crust is made from a simple crust recipe that I created when making my Chicken Pot Pie For One. This recipe provides the perfect amount to line a single mini pie pan.
I happen to love my mini pie pan, by the way. I use this pan all the time and I love that the bottom is removable which makes it easy to use.
Pro tip: Don’t fear the dough. You’ll only need flour, sugar, salt, butter, and water to make a perfect, buttery crust and it’s super easy too.
If you don’t want to make a pie crust, use my crushed graham cracker crust recipe instead.
Apple Pie Filling
The apple pie filling is a simple mix of chopped apples, sugar, cinnamon and a bit of lemon juice mixed together and spooned over the crust.
Bake the pie for about 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
If you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the pie, you’ll have yourself the ultimate apple pie for one!
If you would like additional information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Recipe: Apple Pie for One
- 1 apple , peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter , chilled - plus 1 additional tablespoon butter, chopped to dot on top of apples
- 1 teaspoon ice water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss the apple slices into a large bowl and stir in the sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Let sit while you prepare the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Using a fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add the water and stir to form dough.
- Transfer the dough to a cutting board and roll into a ball.
- So the dough doesn't stick, sprinkle a little flour on the cutting board and on the ball of dough and using a roller or a large glass, roll out the dough to form a circle.
- Lightly oil a small tart or pie pan. Fit the crust into the pan. Poke the bottom of the pie crust with a fork a few times.
- Pour in apples and dot with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Be sure to check out our other Thanksgiving For One recipes…
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!