A classic recipe for Homemade Apple Pie made with a flaky crust and one sweet juicy apple. This single serving apple pie recipe provides you with a scrumptious dessert without leftovers!
I don’t think there are many desserts that are more comforting than apple pie. In fact, an easy apple pie recipe made from scratch is a treasure.
Today I’m sharing the best apple pie recipe and I’m sure you’re going to love it.
This recipe yields one single serving apple pie. It also comes complete with a recipe for an easy-to-make crust that’s just the right size for this mini pie.
Apple Pie Crust Recipe
The pie crust is made from a simple crust recipe that I created when making my Chicken Pot Pie For One.
This recipe provides the perfect amount to line a mini pie pan.
To make the pie crust, you will need:
- ice water
If you don’t want to make a pie crust, use my crushed graham cracker crust recipe instead.
See the full recipe below for instructions
Apple Pie Filling Recipe
You will need:
- one apple
- lemon juice
The apple mixture is spooned into the pie crust and baked in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the crust is golden.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the pie and you’ll have yourself the ultimate apple pie for one!
If you would like additional information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Other Single Serving and Small Batch Apple Recipes
Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 apple , peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter , chilled – plus 1 additional tablespoon butter, chopped to dot on top of apples
- 1 teaspoon ice water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Toss the apple slices into a large bowl and stir in the sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Let sit while you prepare the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Using a fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add the water and stir to form dough.
- Transfer the dough to a cutting board and roll into a ball.
- So the dough doesn’t stick, sprinkle a little flour on the cutting board and on the ball of dough and using a roller or a large glass, roll out the dough to form a circle.
- Lightly oil a small tart or pie pan. Fit the crust into the pan. Poke the bottom of the pie crust with a fork a few times.
- Pour in apples and dot with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!