This easy to make Apple Muffin is filled with sweet apples and crunchy pecans and topped with a cinnamon streusel topping. It’s a single serving version of my family’s favorite muffins. Baked in a ramekin or small dish, this apple muffin perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Every fall I seem to take on the challenge of seeing how many recipes I can add apples to. Apples and fall go hand in hand and I love incorporating them into my recipes. This Apple Muffin is the latest and greatest – a muffin recipe that serves one person. It’s the perfect amount for anyone cooking for one.
One of the things I love most about this apple muffin is the texture. It’s a soft muffin but won’t fall apart. It’s also cake-like but not at all dry. This apple muffin is muffin perfection.
The other thing I love about this apple muffin recipe is that it’s loaded with sweet diced apples and crunchy pecans. You’ll taste apples in every single bite.
This muffin recipe can also be changed to include pears instead of apples and/or walnuts instead of pecans. It’s a very adaptable muffin recipe.
How To Make Apple Muffins
Begin by whisking together flour, baking powder, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, one egg yolk, vanilla extract, and milk.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold in diced apples and chopped pecans.
Make the streusel topping by mixing together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, chopped pecans, and cold butter. Spoon over the top of the apple muffin batter.
Bake in a 400 degree F (200 degree C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
For this apple muffin recipe, I use an 8-ounce ramekin that measures 4-inches in diameter and is 2-inches tall.
Pro Tip: Many ramekins don’t have the size printed on them. Because of this, it can be hard to know exactly how large (or small) yours is. The best way to measure the size of your ramekin is to fill it with water and pour the water into a measuring cup.
You can also use mini loaf pans that also hold about 8-ounces. If you happen to have smaller ramekins, use those and divide the batter between them.
This apple muffin recipe will yield one large muffin.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
Examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Other Muffin Recipes You Might Enjoy…
Don’t Throw That Egg White Away…
Be sure to save the egg white and don’t throw it away. You might like to use the egg white in any one of these fantastic recipes…
Other Single Serving Apple Recipes
Apple Muffin Recipe For One
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup diced apples
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon cold butter
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the diced apples and chopped pecans.
- Fill a buttered 1-cup ramekin or other similar sized baking dish with the batter. Set aside and make the topping.
TO MAKE THE TOPPING
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the muffin batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes on a wire rack. Enjoy warm.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.