This lovely Strawberry White Chocolate Scones recipe makes 4 buttery, delicious scones. Made with fresh strawberries and white chocolate chips, these fruit filled scones are perfect for breakfast or dessert. So easy to make too! Step by step VIDEO included in the recipe.
Other than the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, there aren’t many things that will wake me up and have me rushing to the kitchen early in the morning. However, the scent homemade strawberry white chocolate scones will do just that.
These tender, buttery and wonderfully flaky scones will surely have you happy it’s morning. Scones come together so quickly – in fact, if you can make biscuits, you can certainly make scones.
One bowl, no mixer and they can bake in under 15 minutes – scones are pretty awesome, right?
This small batch version makes just 4 buttery, scrumptious scones – the perfect amount if you are cooking for one or two.
SUBSCRIBE NOW!Sign up and receive the latest Recipes for One and other bonus content.
Scones are lovely.
They’re slightly sweeter than biscuits and although scones are perfect for breakfast, they’re also a very special treat to enjoy in the afternoon with a cup of coffee or tea.
The trick to making perfect scones every time is to make sure your ingredients are cold.
Don’t take the butter, milk or eggs out of the refrigerator until you are ready to make scones. This ensures the scones will be perfectly flaky.
These strawberry scones are filled with plenty of chopped fresh strawberries and a handful of creamy white chocolate chips. It’s an irresistible combination, especially when each scone is topped with a sugary drizzle.
This recipe makes 4 delightful strawberry and white chocolate filled scones. The scones keep well in the refrigerator but are best eaten in a day or so after baking them.
You might also like to try any of these small batch scone recipes:
What To Serve With Scones
Other Strawberry Recipes
I used a quarter-sized baking sheet to make these scones and a quarter-sized silpat lining. For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar , plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup cold butter , cut into small pieces (1/2 stick or 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar , sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Place the chopped strawberries in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the sugar over the top and stir gently. Set bowl aside and let sit while you make the dough.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender or your hands, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and the egg yolk. Pour into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in the white chocolate chips and the chopped strawberries.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead very lightly and form a circle. (Add a little more flour to the dough if the dough becomes too sticky to handle). The circle should be about 5-inches in diameter and 1-inch thickness.Cut the scones into 4 triangles and place on a small baking sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a minute, then transfer onto wire rack to continue cooling.
TO PREPARE THE GLAZE
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and the cream until smooth. Spoon over each scone.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!