Easy recipe for a Blueberry Crumble For One – juicy blueberries piled high in a small baking dish and topped with a delicious oat topping. A wonderful dessert recipe for anyone cooking for one.
A few weeks ago, my daughter invited a few friends to spend the night at the last minute. I usually like to have snacks on hand for the girls to enjoy while they hang out and watch movies together but this time, since it was a spur of the moment invitation, I didn’t make it to the store. Fortunately, I had a pint of blueberries in the fridge and decided to make a quick Blueberry Crumble.
The girls loved it! They enjoyed bowls of it late at night and my husband and I ate it for breakfast the next morning.
I thought it would be a great idea to take this recipe and alter the ingredients to make a single serving version of my Blueberry Crumble. So the next day, I went to work on a Blueberry Crumble for one.
This Blueberry Crumble is easy to make and has just the right amount of sweetness. I take a half a pint of blueberries (roughly 6 ounces) and gently mix in a little sugar, flour, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. I spoon it into a small baking dish then mix together the ingredients for the crumble topping.
The topping tastes just like crumbled oatmeal cookies. It’s so good! The topping is a mixture of flour, oats, brown sugar, vanilla and butter.
The Blueberry Crumble bakes in the oven for about 25 minutes and is the perfect recipe for one. I also think it would be pretty to serve up at a party where each guest is given their own personal dessert.
The baking dish I used in this recipe holds about 12 ounces of liquid.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.
Similar baking dish used in this recipe…
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Blueberry Crumble For One - juicy blueberries piled high in a small baking dish and topped with a delicious oat topping. A wonderful single serving dessert
- 6 ounces blueberries (about 1/2 pint)
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar (depending on the sweetness of the blueberries)
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss the blueberries with the sugar, flour, lemon juice and salt. Transfer the berries to a small baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar and vanilla. Blend in the butter using a fork and mix until well combined.
- Scatter the topping over the berries.
- Bake the blueberry crumble until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Click HERE to sign up to receive new single serving recipes in your inbox!
Other recipes you might like…