This amazing baked cod recipe is made with roasted potatoes and topped with an easy to make chermoula. An added bonus is that everything cooks on one pan for easy cleanup! This flavorful Moroccan inspired single serving recipe bakes in 30 minutes.
The very first time I baked cod was about ten years ago. I was looking through the Wall Street Journal's weekend newspaper edition and stumbled upon a recipe for Baked Cod with Chermoula.
At the time, my husband and I set aside our weekends to cook together, often finding new recipes to try from the newspaper. We enjoyed our cooking and experimenting weekends and looked forward to them each week.
I've since made this Moroccan inspired dish many times and every time, I am reminded of the first time my husband and I made it together.
I've scaled down the ingredient amounts in the original recipes to give you a baked cod recipe for one.
What Is Chermoula?
Chermoula is much like a pesto. It's made with cilantro and parsley leaves, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and mix of spices. You can either chop the cilantro and parsley by hand or add them to a food processor to finely chop.
There's no need to make a big batch of chermoula if you're cooking for one. This single serving chermoula recipe makes the perfect amount. Be sure to scroll down to see ways to use any leftover ingredients you might have from this recipe.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- ground cumin
- sweet paprika
- ground coriander
- cayenne pepper
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- cod fillet
- red skinned potatoes
In 30 minutes you've got a beautiful meal that's packed with flavor. I paired this baked cod with a nice Rosé.
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this baked cod recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving recipes:
- Cilantro: Thai Shrimp Soup, Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Parsley: Chicken Margherita, Baked Stuffed Fish, Crawfish Beignets
- Ground cumin: Vegetarian Chili, Vegetarian Enchiladas
- Paprika: Lemon and Garlic Chicken, Hummus, Baked Pork Chop
- Ground coriander: Mashed Potatoes, Curried Carrot Soup, Garam Masala
- Cayenne pepper: Shrimp Creole, Jambalaya, Turmeric Tea
- Cod: Fish Tacos, Seafood Gumbo
- Potatoes: Potato Soup, Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Potato Salad
What To Serve With Baked Cod
Potatoes are an excellent choice to serve as a side dish with baked cod, but you might like to consider these single serving options instead:
For information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 8 ounce cod fillet
- 6 ounces red skinned potatoes , scrubbed and diced
How To Video
- Heat oven to 350°F (177 degrees C).
- Place the cilantro leaves, parsley leaves, garlic, spices, lemon juice and olive oil in the base of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Place the cod on a lightly greased baking sheet. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Scatter the diced red potatoes around the cod.Spoon the chermoula over the cod and over the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and transfer fish and potatoes to a plate. Serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.