Keep mornings easy with these wonderful freezer breakfast burritos. Make them ahead of time, freeze and microwave for an easy grab and go breakfast. These delicious Huevos Rancheros breakfast burritos are filled with spicy black beans, onions, garlic, and eggs.
Today is the beginning of a new school year here in Texas and over the weekend, I made a batch of these huevos rancheros breakfast burritos to make our mornings easier.
Each of these burritos is filled with black beans, eggs, cheese and cilantro and individually frozen. In the mornings, we grab one and put it in the microwave to heat and can enjoy a delicious breakfast in minutes.
I make these for my husband and daughter but if you’re one of my readers who come to One Dish Kitchen for single serving recipes, these breakfast burritos will be perfect for you.
How To Make Breakfast Burritos
These freezer breakfast burritos come together so quickly…
Open up a can of black beans, rinse them and drain them. I heat them up in a pan along with chopped onions and garlic and a few chopped chipotle peppers.
I like my breakfast burritos a little spicy but if you don’t, just leave the chipotle peppers out.
Spread a layer of the black beans on top of a tortilla, then layer with scrambled eggs, cheese and a little cilantro.
How To Freeze Breakfast Burritos
These breakfast burritos take literally minutes to make and after the burritos are assembled, wrap them in plastic wrap and store them in a large zip top bag.
How To Heat Frozen Breakfast Burritos
If heating from frozen, unwrap and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
What To Serve With Breakfast Burritos
You might consider serving any of these recipes with your breakfast burritos:
These easy breakfast burritos will surely make your morning easier. A healthy, protein packed breakfast that will take the stress out of the breakfast rush.
For information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Make Ahead Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter , divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3-4 ounces canned chipotle peppers almost 1/2 can of a 7- can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. (I used Goya brand)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 8 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 10 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, cumin, and salt and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Add the chipotle peppers and cook for a minute, stirring.
- Add the beans and cook for a minute more. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon butter, swirl pan to coat. Add the eggs; cook 4-5 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Remove from heat, transfer eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Place tortillas on a work surface. Add a large spoonful of the beans in the center of the tortilla, followed by another large spoonful of the eggs (roughly 1/4 cup), followed by 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro.
- To fold the burrito: Fold the sides in, use your thumbs to bring up the bottom of the tortilla, roll up the tortilla tightly.
- Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and place burritos in a large plastic bag. Store for up to 3 months.
- If heating from frozen, unwrap and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.If heating from thawed, microwave 60 to 90 seconds.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.