If you love a good bacon cheeseburger, you’ll love this easy bacon cheeseburger recipe. This mini meatloaf tastes just like your favorite bacon cheeseburger without the bun!
If you’re a bacon cheeseburger lover, this wonderful bacon cheeseburger meatloaf recipe is for you!
This mini meatloaf reminds me of a bacon cheeseburger without the bun. It’s comfort food at its finest and this smaller-than-average mini meatloaf is the ideal size for one or two people.
When my kids were little, they loved my stuffed meatloaf. In fact, they never thought I made it often enough.
I decided to take my tried and true meatloaf recipe and scale down the ingredients to make a mini meatloaf and goodness, this mini version is absolutely delicious and totally reminds me of the original.
How To Make A Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
This bacon cheeseburger meatloaf starts out as all good meatloaf recipes do, with ground beef.
Add the following ingredients to the ground beef: 4 slices of cooked bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, an egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
One thing I love about this mini meatloaf recipe is that you can use your favorite cheese and still have a delicious meatloaf. We’ve used Mozzarella, smoked Gouda and even American cheeses with great success.
Also, if you are looking to lower the carbs, use almond meal or oat flour instead of the bread crumbs. Both are delicious in this recipe as well.
After the ingredients are mixed together, transfer the meatloaf mixture to a greased baking dish and preheat your oven. While the oven is preheating, pour a little more of the “secret sauce” over the top.
What’s the secret sauce, you ask?
Ketchup and Mustard – simple ingredients but essential on a bacon cheeseburger.
Bake the meatloaf for about 35-40 minutes or until it’s no longer pink on the inside, let it rest for about 10 minutes (another important tip to ensure you have a moist meatloaf).
What To Do With Leftover Ingredients
- Bacon: You’ll use only 4 slices of bacon in this meatloaf recipe, you might like to consider using the rest of the bacon in any of these single serving and small batch recipes:
- Ground Beef: You’ll use 1/2-pound in this recipe. If you have any left over, consider these recipes:
- Cheddar Cheese: You’ll use about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, any of these recipes would be ideal to use any leftover cheese in:
For this bacon cheeseburger meatloaf, I use a 5-inch baking dish which holds about 1 1/2 to 2 cups. You can also use a small loaf pan or any similar smaller sized baking dish.
If you would like additional information on the baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
Tips For Making The Best Meatloaf
Follow these tips to guarantee the best tasting meatloaf:
- Don’t buy meat that’s too lean. Because of the minimal fat content in lean ground beef, the meat will easily dry out. A little fat equals a lot of flavor too.
- Don’t skip adding the egg. It doesn’t just add flavor and texture, it helps make the meat super juicy.
- Don’t overmix the ingredients, it will make the meatloaf dry and dense.
- Be sure to add the glaze, the ketchup and mustard mixture takes the meatloaf up a notch.
- After cooking, cover the meatloaf and let it rest for 10 minutes. This will keep the meatloaf nice and juicy.
What To Serve With A Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Mini Meatloaf Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 slices cooked bacon , crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
How To Video
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, crumbled cooked bacon, cheese, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Transfer the meatloaf mixture into a 5-inch (or similar sized) lightly greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Spread evenly across the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the middle.
Remove meatloaf from the oven and cover. Let meatloaf rest for 10 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you like this mini meatloaf recipe, you might like to try our Slow Cooker Mini Meatloaf recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!