This easy to make stuffed bell peppers recipe features peppers filled with lean ground turkey, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese. Hearty, healthy, and incredibly delicious! This small batch recipe is ideal if you’re cooking for one or two people.
When I was first learning to cook, one of the first dishes I learned how to make were stuffed bell peppers. Stuffed peppers taste great and stuffed bell peppers are an easy and inexpensive dish to make.
SUBSCRIBE NOW!Sign up and receive the latest Recipes for One and other bonus content.
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
This Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe is more of a small batch recipe, rather than a “for one” recipe. The point is that it’s a scaled down recipe from the large batch stuffed peppers recipe I made for many years.
I use four green peppers and if you are cooking for one, you will most likely have some leftover and that’s okay. This easy recipe is also perfect if you’re cooking for two people. Add a side of pasta, or maybe a salad and you’ve got a wonderful meal.
In this recipe I use ground turkey to keep this meal on the lighter side, but you could use ground beef instead.
This stuffed bell peppers recipe is low-carb and low in calories and only uses ten ingredients! The filling itself is absolutely delicious on it’s own but once it’s stuffed into the peppers – perfection!
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group. We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen! Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 pounds ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach , loosely packed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut off top 1/2-inch of peppers. Scoop seeds from cavities. Discard tops.
- Fill a medium-sized pot with water and bring to a boil. Immerse peppers into boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove peppers from the hot water and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle insides with a pinch of salt and invert on the paper towels to drain well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 10-inch skillet. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan and cook until browned. Stir in the basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes along with their juices. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese.
- Fill pepper cavities with ground turkey mixture. Stand peppers in greased baking dish.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Click HERE to sign up to receive new single serving recipes in your inbox!