This Sausage and Peppers Sheet Pan meal can be ready in under 30 minutes! Sliced sausage roasted with red and yellow peppers and onions. Easy cleanup because everything is cooked on one sheet pan! Simple, easy, and incredibly delicious.
If only all meals could be this easy to prepare! This simple Sausage and Peppers Sheet Pan recipe is a dream to make. Just add all of the ingredients to a sheet pan and bake. In about 20 minutes, dinner is ready.
Sheet pan meals are ideal for hectic evenings. They’re quick to make and clean up is a breeze.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- smoked sausage
- red pepper
- olive oil
- black pepper
How To Make A Sausage Sheet Pan Meal
- Slice and scatter the sausage on a baking sheet. I like to use a quarter size baking sheet or a half sheet pan.
- Add the sliced onions and the sliced peppers to the baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over everything.
- Add a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Mix the ingredients together and spread them out in one layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree F (200 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes.
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this sausage, pepper and onions sheet pan recipe you might like to use them in any of these single serving recipes:
- Sausage: Broccolini with Sausage, Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice
- Red pepper: Sloppy Joe, Chicken Chili, Vegetable Casserole
- Onion: Meat Sauce, Pan Fried Okra, Chicken Cacciatore
- You can use just about any type of smoked sausage in this sheet pan recipe. My favorites to use are; Kielbasa, Andouille, Bratwurst, turkey sausage, chicken sausage, and Italian sausage.
- I also use about 1/4 of an onion, which is roughly 3-ounces and one medium red-pepper. You could also use a half of one red pepper and a half of one yellow pepper too. If you want to use both peppers in this recipe, save the remainder of the peppers to slice and add to salads or to make Pasta with Roasted Vegetables or Chicken Fajitas.
When it comes to making dinner in a hurry, I believe sheet pan meals are the way to go. Cooking dinner in one pan in the oven gives you more time to do what you want to do. If you like this sheet pan meal, you might also like to try a Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan Meal.
What To Serve With Sheet Pan Meals
Any of these single serving and small batch recipes would go great with this sausage and peppers sheet pan meal:
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 1 3.5 to 4-ounce smoked sausage link
- 1 medium red pepper , seeded and sliced (could also use a yellow pepper or a combination of both)
- 1/4 sweet onion , sliced (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the smoked sausage and spread on a small baking sheet.
- Add the sliced peppers and onions to the pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top and add the salt and pepper.Toss with your hands until the sausage, peppers, and onions are coated with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
Click HERE to sign up to receive new single serving recipes in your inbox!