This white queso recipe is our favorite! It's creamy, easy to make, and you only need 3 ingredients. Made without Velveeta, this queso dip is one you'll want to make over and over again. Break out the chips, this queso blanco is sure to become your favorite too!
Seriously friends, this white queso recipe is one of the easiest, best tasting, Tex Mex dip recipes you'll find. In fact, this queso dip comes together so quickly you can be dipping your chips in within minutes after you begin to make it.
I hesitated to post this queso recipe because it's just so simple. I make this dip often, especially on game days when we want to relax and watch our favorite football teams play.
The queso is mildly spicy, but you can adjust the amount of spice easily to make it more or less spicy. If you want to make a bigger batch to share, the queso recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
What Is Queso Blanco?
Queso blanco is also called white queso and is a creamy cheese dip made with white soft cheese.
White queso can be used for dipping, can be mixed in with various dishes, and used as a topping for Mexican favorites such as enchiladas or tacos.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- White American cheese
- Half and half
- Salsa verde
You can find White American cheese at the deli counter in your market. Either sliced cheese or cheese in a block is fine.
How To Make White Queso
- Simmer the cheese, the half & half, and the salsa verde in a small pot and stir until melted. Since this is a small batch queso recipe, I use salsa instead of opening up a can of peppers or slicing a pepper.
You can always add more or less salsa to suit your tastes and the remaining salsa can be kept in the fridge and used as a dip or in other recipes such as our Taco Casserole For One.
What To Serve With Queso
- I love baking a small batch of homemade tortilla chips. They can be ready in minutes and are perfect for dipping in queso.
- Drizzle queso over a Beef and Cheese Pita Pizza.
- Add to either Fish Tacos or Shrimp Tacos.
- Don't forget a Margarita! A Skinny Margarita is perfect to go along with a bowl of queso and chips.
For this easy queso recipe, I use a 1-quart saucepan. For best results use a pan of similar size.
If you would like additional information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 1/4 pound White American cheese
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon salsa verde
- Place the cheese, half and half, and salsa verde in a small pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.