Easy to make Cucumber Salsa recipe - a fresh, flavorful salsa made with a tangy vinaigrette. Perfect for scooping with tortilla chips or adding to chicken, fish or shrimp.
If you're looking for a fresh new salsa idea, I think you'll love this healthy cucumber salsa recipe. It's perfect for dipping with chips or adding to grilled chicken or fish.
Although you can find cucumbers at your market year-round, they're in season now and you'll likely find a bowl of this fresh-tasting cucumber salsa in my fridge on any given day this summer.
Cucumber salsa is made with diced cucumbers, red peppers, red onions, chopped jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro and is tossed with a lime vinaigrette. It's the perfect "salsa" for scooping and snacking.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
For the salsa
- red onion
- red pepper
For the vinaigrette
- lime juice
- olive oil
- black pepper
How To Make Cucumber Salsa
This fresh garden salsa couldn't be easier to make. Here's all you do:
- Chop all of the vegetables and add them to a large bowl.
- Whisk together a little lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and drizzle it over the vegetables.
Couldn't be easier!
The vinaigrette adds a wonderful tangy taste to the crunchy vegetables.
How To Store Salsa
This cucumber salsa recipe yields 3 cups, not exactly a single serving. However, I've included it on One Dish Kitchen because it's a wonderful recipe and will keep in the fridge, covered for 4 days. You'll probably find, like I do, that it's eaten well before that time.
What To Serve With Cucumber Salsa
I often enjoy eating cucumber salsa by itself, as a salad. You might also like to eat it with:
Other Small Batch Dip Recipes
- 2 medium cucumbers , peeled and diced
- ½ red onion , chopped
- 1 red pepper , seeded and diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Mix the cucumber, red onion, red pepper, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.