Whether you're cooking for one this Thanksgiving or cooking for a small number, this flavorful herb crusted turkey roast recipe needs to be on your menu. This boneless turkey is tender and juicy and so easy to cook!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and today I have for you a herb crusted turkey roast recipe.
As you can see in the pictures, this baked turkey roast will certainly feed more than one person, but I'm labeling it as a "for one" recipe to demonstrate how anyone who is cooking only for themselves can still enjoy a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. Besides, a Thanksgiving dinner for one needs leftovers too, right?
I recently shared my single serving Pecan Pie For One recipe with you and for the next couple of weeks, I'll be sharing all kinds of traditional Thanksgiving side dishes that serve one or two people.
Let's start with this tender and juicy roasted turkey that I'm pretty sure you will love.
A boneless turkey roast is a great option when you don't want to cook a large whole turkey.
This boneless turkey roast from Butterball is 3 pounds, the perfect size if you're cooking for one or if you're cooking for just a few people.
A boneless turkey roast combines both white and dark meat, it's a great choice if you like both types of meat.
It also cooks fairly quickly compared to roasting a whole turkey. A 3-pound turkey roast cooks for around 2 hours in the oven.
How To Roast A Turkey
Scroll down to the recipe box for the complete ingredient list and instructions.
For the herb crust, I make a herb paste with dried basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and a touch of olive oil.
I rub the paste all over the turkey roast, then top the turkey with butter.
The turkey cooks until the internal temperature reaches 175° F, which is usually around 2 hours.
A turkey roast is so incredibly tender and very juicy.
The smaller size means I can still have a little left over but won't be eating turkey for a week.
Be sure to explore all of our Thanksgiving For One recipes.
What To Serve With A Turkey Roast
You might like to consider serving any of these single serving side dishes with your turkey roast:
Other Turkey Recipes
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page
- 3 pound turkey roast , thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 325° F (165° C)
- Remove roast from package; pat dry with paper towels. Leave string netting on roast.
- In a small bowl, mix together the basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the olive oil and make a paste.
- Rub spice mix over the entire roast and place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- Place slices of butter on top of roast.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, or until meat thermometer inserted in center of roast reaches 175 degrees F.
- Cover roast with foil and let stand at least 10 minutes before removing string netting and carving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.