This baked salmon recipe features a salmon fillet baked in foil which allows for a flavorful meal with little cleanup. Baking salmon in foil traps the moisture inside to prevent the salmon from drying out. The salmon fillet is topped with butter, spices and lemon and bakes in minutes. An easy single serving salmon recipe.
I love a really great salmon recipe and this simple salmon baked in foil does not disappoint.
During the summer, I love to grill salmon on a cedar plank. Any opportunity I have to be outside and enjoying a nice summer evening, I take. However, lately I’ve been saving my grill for burgers and chicken and bringing my salmon back in the kitchen.
I’ve discovered that baking salmon in foil is a wonderful way to cook salmon and I happen to think it turns out better than cooking it on the grill.
Salmon Baked In Foil
Baking salmon in foil or parchment paper traps in the juices and gently steams the fish.
The flavors are spectacular in this easy recipe and because the salmon is cooked in a foil packet, there’s hardly any mess to clean up.
How To Cook Salmon
This is one of the easiest ways to cook salmon in the oven.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- salmon fillet
- garlic powder
- dried tarragon (or other favorite spice)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place the salmon in the center of a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Soften a tablespoon or two of butter and mix in garlic powder, dried tarragon, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Add a slice of lemon to the top of the salmon.
- Cover with another sheet of aluminum foil and pinch the edges together to seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree F (200 degree C) oven for 20-25 minutes.
Baking salmon wrapped in aluminum foil provides you with a delicious meal with little cleanup.
This cooking technique keeps the moisture inside the foil which helps to keep the salmon tender, flaky, and perfectly cooked.
This is such a versatile recipe, you can infuse your salmon with other ingredients such as orange slices or other favorite spices.
If you’re looking for other ways to cook salmon, here are a few of our favorite salmon recipes…
What To Serve With Baked Salmon
You might like to consider adding any of these single serving side dishes to your salmon meal.
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Single Serving Baked Salmon Recipe
- 1 6 ounce salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon butter , softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- pinch red pepper flakes
- pinch salt
- lemon slice
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the salmon in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the softened butter in a small bowl and add the garlic powder, tarragon, red pepper flakes and salt. Stir to blend.
- Spoon the butter/spices over the salmon and spread to cover the top of the fish.
- Top with the lemon slice.
- Cover with another sheet of aluminum foil and pinch the edges together to seal tightly. Place the salmon foil packet on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!