Only 3 ingredients needed to make rich chocolate truffles that are a chocolate lovers’ dream. Easy recipe yields 3-4 amazing truffles!
Chocolate truffles are an elegant looking treat. The beautiful exteriors are lightly dusted with cocoa powder and the insides consist of a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth, glorious bite of chocolate.
There’s something about truffles that makes a person believe they took hours of work to make, yet in reality truffles are so super simple.
What Are Chocolate Truffles?
Truffles are small, bite sized chocolate candies made from a ganache – basically a mixture of chocolate and warm cream. When the chocolate and cream cools, it becomes firm and can easily be rolled into balls and then coated with cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or melted chocolate.
For this small batch truffles recipe, you will need:
- 3-ounces of dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, for dusting
Pro Tip: Most often I will use 85% dark chocolate because it’s my favorite. This type of chocolate is only slightly sweet. If you prefer a sweeter chocolate, I would suggest using a chocolate with a lesser percentage of cocoa and/or roll your chocolate truffles in a mixture of sugar (or Swerve sweetener), and cocoa powder.
How To Make Chocolate Truffles
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put into a microwave safe dish. Add the cream to the bowl and microwave for 30-50 seconds, depending on your microwave.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and let sit for 1 minute, then gently whisk until the melted chocolate is combined with the heavy cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- With a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop four to five even portions from the truffle mixture and place them on a plate. Roll the truffles into balls, then roll in plain cocoa powder or a cocoa powder/sugar combination.
Tips For Making The Best Chocolate Truffles
- Use good chocolate in this recipe and avoid using chocolate chips which will not melt into the right consistency for truffles.
- Finely chop the chocolate, this will help the chocolate melt quicker and more evenly.
- Use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream. Do not use half and half or other lower fat milks.
How To Store Chocolate Truffles
Store chocolate truffles in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Bring them to room temperature before serving.
Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes
If you like this easy chocolate truffles recipe, you might also like these easy chocolate dessert recipes…
- Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie For One
- Small Batch Triple Chocolate Scones
- Small Batch Flourless Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- Chocolate Avocado Tart For One
- Chocolate Candy Clusters
- Chocolate Cupcakes
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
- 1 3-ounce bar dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar , or use a sugar substitute such as Swerve (optional)
- Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces and put into a microwave safe dish. Add the heavy cream to the bowl and microwave for 30-50 seconds, depending on your microwave. Remove the bowl from the microwave and let sit for 1 minute, then gently whisk until the chocolate is combined with the heavy cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- With a spoon, scoop 4-5 even portions from the truffle mixture and set on a plate. Roll each portion into a ball, then roll in cocoa powder or cocoa powder/sugar mixture.
- Store in refrigerator.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.