See how easy it is to make zucchini noodles in minutes with this wonderful guide along with a fantastic Zucchini Noodles With Shrimp recipe featuring zucchini noodles tossed with garlic, butter, Parmesan cheese, and shrimp. This single serving recipe can be ready and on your table in minutes. Low carb and delicious!
If you’re looking for a healthy shrimp scampi recipe, these zucchini noodles with shrimp will surely satisfy. Easy to make zucchini noodles are tossed with juicy shrimp and flavorful cooked garlic. This quick and easy meal can be ready in minutes and is so incredibly delicious!
What Are Zoodles?
Are you a fan of zoodles? The low carb pasta-looking “noodles” that aren’t actually noodles at all?
I’ve been a huge fan of zucchini noodles ever since I purchased a Spiralizer a few years ago.
What’s not to love about these low carb, easy to make strands of zucchini. They can replace pasta noodles in just about any pasta recipe.
How To Make Zucchini Noodles
- In order to make zucchini noodles, you need to start with the zucchini. Choose a medium-sized straight zucchini for best results.
- The easiest way to make zucchini noodles is with a Spiralizer. This inexpensive kitchen gadget is the key to cutting your zucchini into long pasta-like strands.
- To use a Spiralizer, just follow the manufacturer’s easy instructions and there’s no need to even peel your zucchini!
- You can also use a julienne vegetable peeler. This handy kitchen tool is priced around $10.
- Many mandoline slicers will make noodles and a standard peeler will make wide noodles.
Tips For Cooking Zucchini Noodles
Zucchini is made up mostly of water. Here are are few tips for cooking zucchini noodles well:
- Be sure to remember three things: don’t peel, don’t salt, and don’t overcook the zucchini. If you peel the zucchini, the zoodles become mushy and we want to avoid that.
- Zucchini noodles also cook very quickly. You want them to have a slight crunch to them, so I recommend cooking them for only about 4-5 minutes, tossing them lightly with pasta tongs until al dente.
- Finally, don’t salt the zucchini while it’s cooking. It will cause the water in the zucchini to release and will result in soggy zoodles.
How To Make Zucchini Noodles With Shrimp
Sautéeing zucchini noodles in a little bit of butter is my favorite way to prepare them. This recipe reminds me of a healthy shrimp scampi.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and melt butter in the pan. Add in the zucchini noodles and toss them lightly for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate small skillet, melt a tablespoon of butter. Add in 1 or 2 minced cloves of garlic, depending on how much you love garlic and cook until for about 1 minute. Then, add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is completely cooked through.
- Pour the shrimp, along with the butter and garlic into the pan with the zucchini noodles and mix everything together.
- Top with shredded or grated Parmesan.
What To Serve With Zucchini Noodles With Shrimp
You might like to consider adding any one of these wonderful side dish recipes with your zucchini noodles with shrimp:
Other Zucchini Recipes
If you like this zucchini noodles with shrimp recipe, you might also like to try these single serving zucchini recipes:
Other Single Serving Shrimp Recipes
For more information on the cooking and baking dishes I use in our “recipes for one”, please visit our FAQ page.
For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit our Store page.
Zucchini Noodles With Shrimp Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter , divided
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 3 ounces shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 3 cups zucchini noodles (1 medium zucchini)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small skillet placed over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until the flesh is pink and the shrimp is completely cooked, 4-5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Place the remaining tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch skillet placed over medium-high heat. When the butter has melted, add the zucchini noodles. Season with black pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, using pasta tongs to toss occasionally.
- Remove pan from the heat and pour the shrimp along with the melted butter and garlic over the zucchini noodles and toss. Season with salt and top with Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Transfer to a plate and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
Join us to share your favorite recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!