Antipasto Salad recipe – a healthy, flavorful salad filled with salami, Parmesan, and roasted eggplant, red peppers, and onions.
This warm antipasto salad is a variation of a salad I eat often. It comes together quickly and is absolutely delicious.
What Is In An Antipasto Salad?
I roast different vegetables in the oven, usually it’s an assortment of seasonal vegetables that I randomly pick.
The vegetables along with a little olive oil, salt and black pepper are all you need to make the flavors of the vegetables magically come alive when they roast in the oven.
For this easy recipe, I chose to use eggplant because I love the taste of eggplant after it’s been roasted in the oven.
Along with the eggplant, I roast a red pepper, tomatoes and sliced red onions.
How To Make An Antipasto Salad
I place a cup of arugula and a cup of baby spinach in a large bowl.
I don’t really use a seasoned vinaigrette because I find the salad to be flavorful enough with the caramelized roasted vegetables. Instead, I pour 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to the lettuce and toss.
When the vegetables have finished roasting, I add them while they’re still warm to the salad greens and give the salad a gentle toss.
Finally, add thin slices of salami and shaved parmesan and enjoy!
Antipasto Salad Recipe
- 1/2 red onion , sliced
- 1 small Japanese eggplant peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into cubes
- 1 small red pepper , thickly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce deli-sliced salami , cut into strips
- Parmesan cheese , shaved for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Arrange the red onions, eggplant, red peppers, and tomatoes on a large baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine the spinach and arugula in a large bowl with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and the vinegar.
- Add the roasted vegetables and toss.
- Transfer the salad to a plate. Top with salami, Parmesan cheese and gently toss.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionists’ advice.
We now have a COOKING FOR ONE Facebook group.
We’re new and we’re growing. Join us to share your favorite single serving recipes and find new ones too. We’d love to see you there!
Click HERE to join the community!
Connect with One Dish Kitchen!
Be sure to follow us on social media so you never miss a post!
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using this link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.